Written by Clare Foges
Illustrated by Al Murphy
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2015 - A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Robyn Chorely, aged 5 - Julia Eccleshare's Debut of the Month, August 2015 A laugh-out-loud story told in a bouncing, rhyming text about the very unexpected things that can happen while you are sleeping…There are rapping lemons, partying pears, wriggling apples, grapes doing the conga and a very cool pineapple. And they are all dancing to the disco beat. Whoever would have thought that the fruit bowl would come alive in the dead of night? Or that they could have so much fun! ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Amatullah Khatun, Age 5, and Mum - 'A funky vibrant book that will make your child want to discover which fruits are in your kitchen.'
- Ruby Laverty, Age 5, and her Granny - 'We loved this book. Ruby thought the pictures of the fruit and their antics were hilarious - particularly the coconut diving into the washing up to have a bubble bath and make the others laugh.'
- Rob, Age 5, and Mum - 'A colourful, rhyming picture book with a brilliant, quirky humour.'
- Robyn, Age 6, Sabrina, Age 3, and Mum Tracey - 'It's a fun book to read aloud and I'm sure we'll be re-reading it many times.'
- Eleanor, Age 3, and Mum Tanya - 'This book is by far our favorite book we've received from Lovereading. It's such a fun book and we're currently reading it at least six times a day.'
- Huxley Gleb, Age 4, and Mum - 'A great fun book full of colourful pictures and funny characters. Easy to follow story. The pictures bring the story to life. Good for a boy or a girl.'
- Vinnie Johnson, Age 3 (and a half), and Mum - 'A very funny book about all the food in the kitchen having a lot of fun and a fruit disco. It was very fun and original... great illustrations and very catchy.'
- Sam, Age 5, Jack, Age 3, and Mum Emma - 'Sam loved the DJ banana who he thought was 'really cool' and Jack liked the 'naughty lemons because they are cheeky’. We all loved the bright colours and fun rhymes, and had great fun wriggling our hips and shaking our pips!'
- Emily, age 4 - 'A fun, exciting book about fruit that comes to life and parties after dark!'
- Victoria Emerson & James McNichol, age 5 - 'Brilliant.'
Kitchen Disco by Clare Foges
Kitchen Disco is a zany and hilarious rhyming picture book for young children, featuring a stunning holographic foil spread in the middle of the book.
At night when you are sleeping
There's a party in your house,
It's a pumping, jumping, funky bash
When all the lights go out...
When the sun goes down, the Kitchen Disco starts up - and all the fruit in the fruit bowl come out to play. There are lemons who break-dance, tangerines who twirl and some very over-excited apples.
About the Author
More books by Clare Foges
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
6th August 2015
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15