Written by Clare Foges
Illustrated by Al Murphy
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2015 - A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Robyn Chorely, aged 5 - Julia Eccleshare's Debut of the Month, August 2015 A laugh-out-loud story told in a bouncing, rhyming text about the very unexpected things that can happen while you are sleeping…There are rapping lemons, partying pears, wriggling apples, grapes doing the conga and a very cool pineapple. And they are all dancing to the disco beat. Whoever would have thought that the fruit bowl would come alive in the dead of night? Or that they could have so much fun! ~ Julia Eccleshare
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Amatullah Khatun, Age 5, and Mum - 'A funky vibrant book that will make your child want to discover which fruits are in your kitchen.'
- Ruby Laverty, Age 5, and her Granny - 'We loved this book. Ruby thought the pictures of the fruit and their antics were hilarious - particularly the coconut diving into the washing up to have a bubble bath and make the others laugh.'
- Rob, Age 5, and Mum - 'A colourful, rhyming picture book with a brilliant, quirky humour.'
- Robyn, Age 6, Sabrina, Age 3, and Mum Tracey - 'It's a fun book to read aloud and I'm sure we'll be re-reading it many times.'
- Eleanor, Age 3, and Mum Tanya - 'This book is by far our favorite book we've received from Lovereading. It's such a fun book and we're currently reading it at least six times a day.'
- Huxley Gleb, Age 4, and Mum - 'A great fun book full of colourful pictures and funny characters. Easy to follow story. The pictures bring the story to life. Good for a boy or a girl.'
- Vinnie Johnson, Age 3 (and a half), and Mum - 'A very funny book about all the food in the kitchen having a lot of fun and a fruit disco. It was very fun and original... great illustrations and very catchy.'
- Sam, Age 5, Jack, Age 3, and Mum Emma - 'Sam loved the DJ banana who he thought was 'really cool' and Jack liked the 'naughty lemons because they are cheeky’. We all loved the bright colours and fun rhymes, and had great fun wriggling our hips and shaking our pips!'
- Emily, age 4 - 'A fun, exciting book about fruit that comes to life and parties after dark!'
- Victoria Emerson & James McNichol, age 5 - 'Brilliant.'
Kitchen Disco by Clare Foges
Kitchen Disco is a zany and hilarious rhyming picture book for young children, featuring a stunning holographic foil spread in the middle of the book.
At night when you are sleeping
There's a party in your house,
It's a pumping, jumping, funky bash
When all the lights go out...
When the sun goes down, the Kitchen Disco starts up - and all the fruit in the fruit bowl come out to play. There are lemons who break-dance, tangerines who twirl and some very over-excited apples.
About the Author
More books by Clare Foges
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
6th August 2015
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High