Written by Emma Fischel
Illustrated by Chris Riddell
Part of the Witchworld Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2015 - September 2015 Book of the Month This second adventure for witchkid Flo Skritchett is likely to prove as popular as the first. A huge part of the fun of the stories is the parallel witch society Emma Fischel has created: parents will envy Flo’s mum’s witchwasher – the witch washing machine – while young readers will long for a skychatter, so much more stylish than a mobile phone. The other fun thing about magical worlds is that they offer so many more chances for children to be heroic, and that’s the case here too. Having already seen off an invasion of ghouls, albeit with the help of her highly eccentric granny and other Skritchett family members, now Flo has to face the terrifying Haggfiend, and virtually single handed – save for a gang of loyal trolls and her best friends. It’s impossible not to get caught up in the story, and the book fairly crackles with energy, excitement and humour too. ~ Andrea Reece
Kirsty from Nosy Crow says: “Shiveringly exciting and with such a great voice – Emma plays beautifully with the witch genre and the results are spelltastic"
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the first in this witchy series, Witchworld....
- Libby Bridgeman, age 7 - 'A lovely start to a new series set in the wonderfully realised Witchworld, which centres on the three generations of a witching clan introducing main character Flo Skritchett.' Read full review >
- Emily Kinder, age 13 - 'Their whole world is beautifully crafted, and I love how everything has been thought about – it seems completely real.' Read full review >
- Beth Honeyman, age 11 - 'Witchworld is an outstanding book filled with passion, love, loss, fun and witches.' Read full review >
- Eleesha Walker, age 8 ½ - 'it's a magical mysterious adventure and made me feel excited and a little bit spooked. I really loved the characters being witches and ghouls.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'Witchworld is a great book, full of magic, mystery and fun.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Witchworld is a brilliantly funny, witchy adventure with awesome illustrations. It had me hooked from page one and I absolutely loved it. Amazing!' Read full review >
- Alina Wraith, age 9 - 'I loved this book. It is exciting and adventurous. It has a lot of description and has a good story structure. I knew I was going to enjoy it as soon as I saw the cover.' Read full review >
- Susanna Wagstaff, age 12 - 'Cauldrons, wands and frogs. That’s witches all over, right? Not any more. Flo tells the story of a modern day witch, until her Grandmother explains that seemingly extinct ghouls are back. Are they?' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'This is a very good book with lots of magic and weird creatures in it. It is a story about a girl who has a very naughty grandma who breaks lots of laws.' Read full review >
- Evie Young, age 9 - 'A funny story about witches with lots of magical creatures in. Great for anyone over 7.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This is a good book about a girl called Florence who has to find out about her special gift and save Witchworld with her older SISTER!!!!!' Read full review >
- Benedict McCormack, age 8 - 'Jump into a new world. Witchworld is where you want to be for a fabulous adventure. Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'This is a book about ghouls and I liked it because the characters were really funny. You should read this!' Read full review >
- Danielle Wild, age 12 - 'Witchworld is a great book if you enjoy reading books with lots of adventurous things going on.' Read full review >
- Hannah Baer, age 10 - 'I liked this book because it had a lot of mystery and action. Florence is brave and clever, fighting the Ghouls to save Witchworld.' Read full review >
- Alexia Braimo, age 8 - 'I enjoyed very much reading Witchworld by Emma Fischel...I will definitely recommend my friends to read this book!' Read full review >
- Bella Perez, age 9 - 'I loved it so much I couldn’t choose a fave chapter.'
- Lucy Keaveny, age 8 - 'A great book with an exciting story.' Read full review >
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 9 - 'I enjoyed this book because it made me smile and I went off into my own little world of witches when I read it.' Read full review >
- Beth Moffat, age 10 - 'The book was well written and the ending was very good...If you like fantasy books or imaginary books this book could also be for you.' Read full review >
Witchmyth by Emma Fischel
The brilliant sequel to Witchworld finds Flo pitched into battle with another dire creature thought to be extinct - the terrible Haggfiend! Armed only with Old Magic, can Flo stop the dreadful threat to Witchworld? Her batty old grandma thinks she can, and so battle commences...
Another funny, excitingly witchy story for 9+ readers; it's impossible not to fall under its spell, especially with Chris Riddell's bewitching cover and incidental illustration.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Emma Fischel
Nosy Crow Ltd
3rd September 2015
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High