Elspeth Hart and the Perilous Voyage
Written by Sarah Forbes
Illustrated by James Brown
Part of the Elspeth Hart Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Readers who enjoy wacky adventures stories that pitch resourceful children against devious, unscrupulous adults will love the Elspeth Hart books. In this adventure, Elspeth is chasing after her erstwhile kidnappers Miss Crabb and Gladys Goulash who have stolen her family’s secret Extra-special Sticky Toffee Sauce recipe, and this entails stowing away on a cruise ship. The two baddies are deliciously disgusting and in fact have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. They thoroughly deserve the treatment meted out by Elspeth and her friend Rory, who are more than a match not just for the villains but indeed all the grown-ups they encounter. This is lively, satisfying, unadulterated fun! ~ Andrea Reece
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the first book in this series, Elspeth Hart and the School for Show-Offs. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Isabelle Preston, age 10 - 'I liked this book because of its mysterious manner. I liked the idea that a shy girl lives in a show-off school and that she was sto - oops almost gave the story away!'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 8 - 'This book was funny and entertaining and full of adventure. I really liked this book and I am looking forward to the next one.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'A great easy-to-read book!'
- Lily Benner, age 10 - 'I liked this book, it was interesting, funny and gruesome.'
- Sabina Beinart- Smith, age 7 - 'This book is good because it had lots of unexpected things happening and surprises. My favourite character is Elspeth because she is caring and kind and helpful, unlike the bossy Tatiana Firensky!'
- Evie Aconley, age 8 - 'The most exciting book I have ever read!! A must read for all those who like a good adventure.'
- Amisha McCRystal, age 13 - 'A one of a kind book, that will blow your mind. Sarah Forbes is the new Roald Dahl.'
- Erica Motoc, age 9 - 'The book Elspeth Hart and the School for Show-offs is really good.'
- Cora Willans - 'I think Miss Criag is REALLY mean.'
Elspeth Hart and the Perilous Voyage by Sarah Forbes
Elspeth Hart and the Perilous Voyage is the second adventure featuring the fabulous Elspeth Hart, a modern heroine with doodles on her Converse trainers and unstoppable determination. Now she's finally free of the School for Show-offs, Elspeth is on a desperate mission to find her parents. She knows that Miss Crabb will have answers - but where can she find the vile woman? When Elspeth spots her on the news as a staff member on a luxury cruise ship, the chase is on. Elspeth is determined to get the answers she needs and she'll stop at nothing. Sneaking aboard the ship is easy enough, but setting sail was never part of the plan! All at sea, unable to find Crabb and still no closer to a reunion with her parents, things aren't looking good for Elspeth...
A fast-paced and funny story from a fresh new voice in children's fiction, Elspeth Hart's quirky adventures will delight fans of Roald Dahl, David Walliams and Lemony Snicket.
You can find out more about these books, find activities, games and downloads at www.elspethhart.com
'A wonderful tale brought brilliantly to life.' David Roberts, creator of Dirty Bertie
'Very funny and deliciously horrible.' Holly Webb, author of Lost in the Snow
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Sarah Forbes
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
10th September 2015
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15