Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie Escape from Camp
Written by Jeff Norton
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Life’s not easy for Adam Meltzer, or rather death isn’t. You see, he’s a zombie – bad enough for anyone let alone someone who has OCD. In this his second adventure, he’s worked out a way of getting by and keeping his undeadness unnoticed, but then his parents drop a bombshell: they’re sending him off to summer camp. How will he cope in the great outdoors? And can he keep his best friend Corina, who’s a vampire, from snacking on her fellow campers? Fast-paced and zany, these are great fun, but what really sets them apart is Adam’s voice – wry, sardonic, with a pithy turn of phrase, he’s a real character. ~ Andrea Reece
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in this series, Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie...
- James Page, age 10 - 'This book will engross you from start to finish. It is a great zombie tale with plenty of thrills and spills.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny book. Adam's handling of his tricky new, undead situation on top of his neuroses was hilarious. The funniest zom-com ever!' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'Good, exciting book but a disappointing ending.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '10/10! I never got bored reading this book and read it at a rate of knots as there was always lots happening.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This book was a really exciting brilliant book about a boy gets stung by a bee and turns into a Zombie.' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'An immensely funny mystery book about zombies, vampires, werebeasts and genetically modified bees! Come and join Adam Meltzer on an amazing trip to find out how he died and to stop everyone else dying of the same cause.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie Escape from Camp by Jeff Norton
You'll laugh until you die! Adam Meltzer, the world's most neurotic teenager, who just happens to be a zombie, is back! After solving the mystery of the zombees, Adam and his friends Corina (a vegan vampire) and Ernesto (a reluctant chupacubra) head off to summer camp for a well-earned break from detective work. But the countryside in their hometown of Croxton is just as weird and wonderful and soon they are investigating something deadly dangerous in the deep, dark woods...
And for more about the Neurotic Zombie series, for downloads and activities visit adammeltzer.com
About the Author
More books by Jeff Norton
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
17th September 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham