Gemini Force 1: Ghost Mine
Written by M. G. Harris
Part of the Gemini Force Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
From Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson and bestselling author M. G. Harris, comes the second in this gripping new action-adventure series. Ben Carrington's dream has become a reality: he's finally a member of Gemini Force. But, still suffering from the deaths of his parents, it's a bitter-sweet triumph. When news reaches GF1 of a gang of illegal 'ghost' miners trapped after a South African mining disaster, Ben is glad to spring into action with the team. But it soon emerges that the company, Auron, doesn't want its miners found. Ben must work out who to trust if he's to ensure that Gemini Force pulls off its most difficult mission yet ...
- William Longlands, age 11 - 10/10. The mix of fantasy and real world is perfect.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Thunderbirds meets Alex Rider and a young James Bond! That's how I would describe this...Great stuff!'
- Isaac, age 11 - 'With one family member falling from a 300m building, Ben and his mother realise that they have nothing to lose. Unaware of the consequences...'
- Rachel Galbriath, age 10 - 'A Sci-fi novel with action and adventure. I would recommend this book to someone who enjoys the great outdoors.'
- Abraham - 'I think this is a terrific book - 10/10'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'This is a new series of books written by the author who wrote the brilliant Joshua Files. It an exciting new series about a boy called Ben whose dad has just died after falling from a building.'
- Liam Pickering, age 12 - 'This book took some incredibly unexpected twists and it was very hard to predict the next thing which was going to happen. The mix of unpredictability and breathtaking moments leads to a great book.'
Gemini Force 1: Ghost Mine by M. G. Harris
Impossible rescues. Maximum risk. This is Gemini Force 1.
Gemini Force One was devised and developed by Gerry Anderson before his death and completed by bestselling author M G Harris with the approval of the Estate of Gerry Anderson, led by his son Jamie. It is a complete reinvention of the magic formula of adventure and rescue which formed the core of Gerry’s most successful series, Thunderbirds and should appeal to the several generations of Thunderbirds fans and a generation of readers entirely new to the Thunderbirds phenomenon!
MG Harris is best known for her bestselling series, The Joshua Files. Brought on board with the project at an early stage, she is passionate about the project and says of the collaboration: "It's a huge honour for me as a Gerry Anderson fan to be involved in bringing Gemini Force One to life. The enthusiasm of Orion Publishing Group at all levels for this project has been inspiring. I'm delighted to be working with Orion Children's Books to add a brand new action-adventure title to their list."
Jamie Anderson says: "Dad was a prolific creative, and was constantly coming up with new ideas. Gemini Force One was one of his final projects, and something that he felt passionately would inspire a whole new generation. In continuing to develop GF1 we've been lucky enough to team up with best-selling author MG Harris who really understood the premise of the project and its "Gerry Anderson spirit" from the get-go. Now I'm delighted that we're able to team up with Orion, who share our passion for GF1, to bring this fantastic book series to a global audience. Stand by for action!"
'M. G. Harris is a very skilled storyteller, weaving together narrative strands into one compelling experience.' STARBURST MAGAZINE
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
M. G. Harris
More books by M. G. Harris
Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Hachette Children's Group
3rd September 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High