Squishy McFluff: Secret Santa
Written by Pip Jones
Illustrated by Ella Okstad
Part of the Squishy McFluff the Invisible Cat Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This series has so much appeal for young readers and it’s lovely to have a new Squishy story for Christmas. For those who aren’t in the know, Squishy McFluff is a kitten – an invisible one – and Ava’s best friend. They have lots of adventures and it seems that the harder they try to be good, the more mischief they cause: Christmas offers all sorts of opportunities for happy chaos. Ava can’t wait for Christmas Eve and when it finally comes, Father Christmas is there to meet her. He has a very special surprise too. Told in rhyme, fun to read and easy to recite, Pip Jones’s stories are lively and funny and she has a real child’s-eye view of the world. Ella Okstad’s illustrations in seasonal green and red add to the fun. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love reading and so we invited the Lovereading4kids reader review panel to read and review the first title in the series, Squishy McFluff: The Invisible Cat. You can read their full reviews here.
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is a great book for early readers or mums to read to their children. The whole book is written in rhyme, lovely for read out loud.'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Ava and Squishy make a mischievous and very funny team...A lovely story which is made even better by the clever combination of rhyme and illustrations. Glorious!'
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'Squishy McFluff is a funny book that rhymes. The cat is cheeky and with her friend Ava they of lots of mischievous things.'
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'A really fun book to read! I loved it!!'
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'Great book if you like rhyming stories and cats.'
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I give it 10* because it is funny. I love the colourful pictures. I wish it was longer though! I can’t wait for Supermarket Sweep.'
- Ophelia Robinson Beesley, age 7 - 'It has happiness and comedy but slight sadness in the middle but it is not too sad. Anyway Pip Jones has created a loving family of characters no reason to not enjoy. Especially suitable for bed time.'
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'It was a very interesting story full of adventure and you think her mum isn’t going to like Squishy, well you’re right!'
- Emma, age 7 - 'I loved this book, it makes me want an invisible cat of my own. I could read this easily on my own, but the story made me think about what my invisible cat would look like.'
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Squishy McFluff: Secret Santa by Pip Jones
Ava and Squishy are back and this time their adorable chaos hits Christmas preparations for Mum, Dad, baby Roo, the local Christmas fete and much, much more...In her letter to Santa, Ava only has one wish. Will she get what her heart desires on Christmas day?
About the Author
More books by Pip Jones
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
15th October 2015
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7