Squishy McFluff: Secret Santa
Written by Pip Jones
Illustrated by Ella Okstad
Part of the Squishy McFluff the Invisible Cat Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This series has so much appeal for young readers and it’s lovely to have a new Squishy story for Christmas. For those who aren’t in the know, Squishy McFluff is a kitten – an invisible one – and Ava’s best friend. They have lots of adventures and it seems that the harder they try to be good, the more mischief they cause: Christmas offers all sorts of opportunities for happy chaos. Ava can’t wait for Christmas Eve and when it finally comes, Father Christmas is there to meet her. He has a very special surprise too. Told in rhyme, fun to read and easy to recite, Pip Jones’s stories are lively and funny and she has a real child’s-eye view of the world. Ella Okstad’s illustrations in seasonal green and red add to the fun. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love reading and so we invited the Lovereading4kids reader review panel to read and review the first title in the series, Squishy McFluff: The Invisible Cat. You can read their full reviews here.
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is a great book for early readers or mums to read to their children. The whole book is written in rhyme, lovely for read out loud.'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Ava and Squishy make a mischievous and very funny team...A lovely story which is made even better by the clever combination of rhyme and illustrations. Glorious!'
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'Squishy McFluff is a funny book that rhymes. The cat is cheeky and with her friend Ava they of lots of mischievous things.'
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'A really fun book to read! I loved it!!'
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'Great book if you like rhyming stories and cats.'
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I give it 10* because it is funny. I love the colourful pictures. I wish it was longer though! I can’t wait for Supermarket Sweep.'
- Ophelia Robinson Beesley, age 7 - 'It has happiness and comedy but slight sadness in the middle but it is not too sad. Anyway Pip Jones has created a loving family of characters no reason to not enjoy. Especially suitable for bed time.'
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'It was a very interesting story full of adventure and you think her mum isn’t going to like Squishy, well you’re right!'
- Emma, age 7 - 'I loved this book, it makes me want an invisible cat of my own. I could read this easily on my own, but the story made me think about what my invisible cat would look like.'
Squishy McFluff: Secret Santa by Pip Jones
Ava and Squishy are back and this time their adorable chaos hits Christmas preparations for Mum, Dad, baby Roo, the local Christmas fete and much, much more...In her letter to Santa, Ava only has one wish. Will she get what her heart desires on Christmas day?
About the Author
More books by Pip Jones
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
15th October 2015
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman