The Tattooed Heart
Written by Michael Grant
Part of the Messenger of Fear Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
I wanted to touch the boy who was not to be touched. The Messenger of Fear exists to punish the wicked, to restore balance in a world where evil seems to be everywhere. He offers sinners one terrible choice: play...or pay? If you win the game, you can go free. But if you lose, you must live out your greatest fear. His assistant, Mara is still adjusting to her role. She must face the worst horrors of intolerance, cruelty and injustice: she, as much as any of the people Messenger pursues, is being punished. But Mara has secret feelings for Messenger, and they're threatening to overpower her. As she learns more about his tragic past, she must make her own choice: how far will she go to gain her heart's desire?
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in the series, The Messenger of Fear. You can read their full reviews here.
- Kynthia Ravikumar, age 14 - 'An unique book full of strange yet interesting ideas. Huge twists- great for Michael Grant fans.'
- Nat, age 17 - 'Behave or you will get the visit of the Messenger of Fear...It is a very original book, not just the story but also the way it is written. It has a twist at the end that you do not expect.'
- Lisa Phin - 'A powerful look at how our actions affect others and the consequences we must face.'
- Sophia Ufton - 'Wow!! What an amazing read, loved every second of the book!'
- Amelia White, age 14 - 'A mysterious, supernatural book. Do we really know how the world work? Are accidents really accidents?'
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'This book is a real page turner it has a mix of real life problems with fascinating fictional events, a fantastic partnership which keeps you hooked. A must read for both teenage girls and boys.'
- Thora Harrison, age 13 - 'This book is AWESOMELY EXCITING and yet manages to be emotional at the same time. I loved it!'
- Esmé Molloy, age 14 - 'Scares with every sentence.'
- Emily Kinder, age 13 - 'Drama, intrigue and unbearable tension - Mara's fractured story is the epitome of an incredible book. The enigmatic Messenger takes her on a gruesome journey, as she remembers her troubled past.'
- Lorraine Baker - 'Sorry but for me it is not a patch on the authors previous books.'
The Tattooed Heart by Michael Grant
The second in the Messenger of Fear series.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Michael Grant
Author's Facebook Latest
Egmont UK an imprint of Egmont UK Ltd
27th August 2015
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman