Sandrider A Todhunter Moon Adventure
Written by Angie Sage
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A story of sorcerers, wizards, dragons and, of course, Magyk, Sandrider, the second book in Angie Sage’s Todhunter Moon series, is another enthralling piece of storytelling from an author whose invention never flags. Apprentice wizard Tod has an important task: she must find the Egg of the Orm, and before it hatches. That means a race against the clock – against the egg-timer to be really precise – and a dangerous journey to the Desert of the Singing Sands. The plot moves at a cracking pace, and the worlds and characters Sage conjures up make for fascinating reading. This series is a must-read for young fantasy fans, and indeed for anyone who likes their adventures to be full of twists, surprises and excitement. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from her editor Zoe Griffiths: Angie Sage is a name we all know and love. Angie has the most wondrous talent for storytelling. There is a gorgeous richness to her words and reading her books makes you feel like you are being wrapped up in a warm blanket and given the most delicious mug of hot chocolate to savour. Angie truly is a master of her art and you can be safe in the knowledge that in any of her books there will be characters you wish you knew in real life, a fantastically exciting keep-you-on-the-edge-your-seat plot, and the most breath-taking action. Angie knows how to write a page turner and to keep her readers hooked, and I promise that by the end of her latest triumph, SandRider, you will have enjoyed every second of the journey.
Set in the same glorious world as Angie’s bestselling creation, Septimus Heap, SandRider is a must read for all fantasy fans, or anyone who loves books about Magyk, bravery and friendship. I know you won’t be disappointed when you pick it up and I also know you won’t be able to put it down again once you’ve turned that first page. Enjoy the Magyk that lies within…
***There's a brilliant activity pack which accompanies this book with tips to help you write your own review, compose a storyboard and create your own magykal creature - download it here!
- Isabella Campbell, age 10 - 'A fast-paced, compelling and exciting story, which has the reader submerged in the intricate plot from the very beginning. A wonderful read – I couldn’t put it down!'
- Adam Goodman, age 12 - 'PathFinder is an exciting book full of twists and cliff-hangers. Its action packed; there are many events going on at once.'
- Teddy Bailey, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this because it was historical and futuristic at the same time. I enjoyed the way there were two stories going on at once and then at the end they both met.'
- Be Carter, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book, I never wanted to put it down.'
- Holly Wilkins, age 11 - 'I would rate this book 4.5 out of 5. I felt the beginning started a little slow, but when I read further it was really interesting and I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.'
- Julia Jonsson - 'PathFinder is literally a magical book that is hard to put down at times.'
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'An enchanting story of Magyk, bravery and friendship – impossible to put down!'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'An enthralling adventure full of weird creatures and Magyk. This could be Angie Sage’s best series yet!'
- Anastasia, age 10 - 'PathFinder is an amazing book and is full of excitement and suspense. It is about a girl called Tod whose life is definitely not ordinary. I recommend this book to anyone nine or older it is fantastic.'
Sandrider A Todhunter Moon Adventure by Angie Sage
Return to the world of TodHunter Moon for her next adventure! The second book in the new blockbuster series from number one bestselling author Angie Sage.
Alice TodHunter Moon - known as Tod - couldn't be happier in her new life as Apprentice at the fabled Wizard Tower. Although she misses her best friends, Ferdie and Oskar, she has never been surrounded by so much Magyk. And yet the threat from the evil sorcerer, Oraton-Marr, remains. In a race against time, Tod must find the last ever Orm Egg before it hatches, for whomsoever the baby Orm Imprints on at birth will gain unlimited power. But with witches thwarting her every move, she will need all her wits and skills about her. Will she reach the Orm Egg in time?
A thrilling ride of an adventure, Angie Sage's new book combines wondrous storytelling, breathtaking action and a heroine like no other.
'Sage navigates her complex setting with suspenseful and well-structured plotlines ... These books open an array of dazzling worlds. It's worth hopping aboard this bus, and I'm eagerly waiting at the next stop' The Times
An immensely powerful and imaginative adventure, full of surprises, with good and bad magic and it moves at a rattling pace ... You will not want to leave this imaginary world School Librarian
Wonderfully imaginative ... Children of all ages will relish this Waterstones Guide to Kid's Books
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Angie Sage
Author's Facebook Latest
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
22nd October 2015
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15