Nathalia Buttface and the Totally Embarrassing Bridesmaid Disaster
Written by Nigel Smith
Part of the Nathalia Buttface Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Featuring polished comedy writing completely in tune with the intended readership, it’s no wonder the Nathalia Buttface books have gathered such an enthusiastic following. In this latest episode, Nat has to face the agonising embarrassment of being a bridesmaid at a cousin’s ‘fairytale’ wedding. To add to the potential for humiliation, her dad is in charge of arrangements – a man who doesn’t even know what a centrepiece is. In desperation, Nat commissions her best friend aka evil genius Darius to get her out if it. His plans backfire and she ends up as bridesmaid at not one but two weddings, running simultaneously. No matter how ludicrous the situation, Nigel Smith keeps it all rooted in real life, and this will have readers snorting in delight. If you have a Wimpy Kid fan looking for more laugh-out-loud books this will hit the spot.
Some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read the first title in the series, Nathalia Buttface and the Most Embarrassing Dad in the World. You can read their reviews below.
- Chen Chen, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this because it made me laugh lots. I enjoyed it ssssooo much I want to read it again!' Read full review >
- Elizabeth Tomlin, age 8 - 'I like this book beacsue it is real fun. It is a page turner. I found it really hard to stop reading!' Read full review >
- Emma Moroney, age 7 - 'Excellent story about a girl and her dad, who is very embarrassing. Makes me glad my dad is nothing like this dad, although he is still embarrassing. I enjoyed the story, it was very funny.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland age 8 - 'This book is about a girl who has an embarrassing dad. I bet your dad is even more embarrassing than hers! NOT! I give this great book 10/10.' Read full review >
- Abigail Smart, age 11 - 'One of the funniest books I've read. I really feel sorry for Nathalia, her Dad always gets everything wrong! Seriously hilarious!' Read full review >
- Tilly Dickinson, age 9 - 'A laugh out loud type of book, when you think your own Dad is embarrassing (and mine is!) wait til you meet Nathalias, he is so much worse!' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'I giggled, I chuckled, I roared and I howled with laughter. I couldn't stop reading and I couldn't stop laughing. This is without a doubt the funniest book I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Bella Perez, aged 8 - 'A delightful story about a poor girl and her hilarious dad! I truly loved every chapter of fun.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson age 11 - 'This book was so funny...The plot was hilarious and the ending was brilliant and unexpected.' Read full review >
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This book made me laugh out loud many times and I didn't want it to end. There is more to come from Nathalia Buttface and I can't wait!' Read full review >
- Elspeth, age 9 - 'This book is hilarious, amazing and gives me an embarrassing feeling on behalf of Nathalia! She's a 12 year old girl who has the most embarrassing dad and even cringes about him in her sleep!' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 8 - 'This book was amazing! and invaded by funnyness. I rate this book five stars because it is so funny and really cool.' Read full review >
- Lola Frary, age 10 - 'A hilarious book about a girl, trying to be normal, but with a totally embarrassing dad.' Read full review >
- Holly Carver, age 11 - 'This book is laugh out loud funny, there is a smile on every page. Nigel is a great author. I really love this book.' Read full review >
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This book made me laugh out loud many times and I didn't want it to end!' Read full review >
- Elise Marie Lockett, age 9 ½ - 'This is one of the funniest books I have ever read! Nathalia Bumole is one of the unluckiest kids ever, and most of it is her dad’s fault.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'When reading this humorous book I laughed out loud and I truly recommend it.' Read full review >
- Poppy Stephens, age 9 - 'A good book, other people will like it, but it's not for me.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Nathalia Buttface and the Totally Embarrassing Bridesmaid Disaster by Nigel Smith
The laugh-out-loud funny girl-series returns – and Nat is more embarrassed than ever! From TV and radio comedy writing talent Nigel Smith.
Nathalia’s back and this time she has to attend 2 disastrous weddings. Think missing grooms, guest lists from hell, unappetising cakes and a HIDEOUS frilly pink bridesmaid dress! Throw the world’s most embarrassing dad into the mix and surely things can’t get any worse? Don’t bet on it!
There are four books in this series -
'The plot was hilarious and the ending was brilliant and unexpected' - Eloise Mae, age 11, Lovereading4kids
'One of the funniest books I've read... Seriously hilarious' - Abigail, age 11, Lovereading4kids
'Makes me glad my dad is nothing like this dad, although he is still very embarrassing' - Emma, age 7 Lovereading4kids
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Nigel Smith
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
10th March 2016
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14