Hamish and the Neverpeople
Written by Danny Wallace
Illustrated by Jamie Littler
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2016 | February 2016 Book of the Month Hamish and the Worldstoppers was one of my favourite kids’ books of 2015, and the follow up is even better. The world is in danger again, or should that be still, and the monsters Hamish and his friends defeated in his first outing are small-town stuff compared to the Neverpeople threat he faces. The mayhem starts in 10 Downing Street, in some very funny scenes, and takes Hamish into an alternative world where everything, from the Statue of Libert-he to the Her-malayan mountains, is reversed. Quirky, original, clever, fast-paced and very funny indeed, this book will be another huge hit with young readers while Wallace’s narrative voice – both teasing and worldly-wise – makes it great for reading aloud. ~ Andrea Reece
Readers who enjoy this should also like Frank Cottrell Boyce’s The Astounding Broccoli Boy, another tale of children caught up in a bizarre and very funny adventure.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'The second book in the series following the life of Hamish Ellerby from a really boring town which becomes less boring and full of adventure and excitement!'
- Daniel Bisland, age 8 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book because it’s funny, full of adventure and it’s different to other children’s books. I recommend it to 8+ boys, although girls might enjoy it too. I give it 1 million stars!'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Another absolutely fantastic Hamish adventure which had me snortling (a cross between snorting and chortling with laughter) to myself. Brilliant!'
- Tariq Mustfa, age 10 - 'I like Hamish and the Neverpeople because it is fun to read who we nearly were but are nowhere near (the Neverpeople) have to save the world from the evil Scarmarsh.'
- Aonghus Anderson - 'It is truly amazing how the author makes these stories up, they are wonderful. It is a book that will test your imagination to the limits.'
- Rafferty Amor, age 9 - 'This book is very exciting and I always wanted to stay up late reading.'
- Toby, age 9 - 'This book is great fun if not a bit peculiar. It really gets your mind whirring and your imagination soar. Hamish and his friends go on an amazing journey to 'otherearth'
- Louie Mee - 'This was a really great book...it was soooo good.'
Hamish and the Neverpeople by Danny Wallace
Nobody knows it yet, but the people of Earth are in big, big trouble. Like - HUGE trouble. Oh, come on, where's your imagination? Double what you're thinking! And it's all got to do with a shadowy figure, an enormous tower, some sinister monsters, huge clanking and thundering metal oddballs, and people who are just like you… but not like you at all. Luckily Hamish and the PDF are around to help save the day! Aren't they??
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Danny Wallace
Simon & Schuster UK an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
11th February 2016
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils