Hamish and the Neverpeople
Written by Danny Wallace
Illustrated by Jamie Littler
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2016 Book of the Month Hamish and the Worldstoppers was one of my favourite kids’ books of 2015, and the follow up is even better. The world is in danger again, or should that be still, and the monsters Hamish and his friends defeated in his first outing are small-town stuff compared to the Neverpeople threat he faces. The mayhem starts in 10 Downing Street, in some very funny scenes, and takes Hamish into an alternative world where everything, from the Statue of Libert-he to the Her-malayan mountains, is reversed. Quirky, original, clever, fast-paced and very funny indeed, this book will be another huge hit with young readers while Wallace’s narrative voice – both teasing and worldly-wise – makes it great for reading aloud. ~ Andrea Reece
Readers who enjoy this should also like Frank Cottrell Boyce’s The Astounding Broccoli Boy, another tale of children caught up in a bizarre and very funny adventure.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'The second book in the series following the life of Hamish Ellerby from a really boring town which becomes less boring and full of adventure and excitement!'
- Daniel Bisland, age 8 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book because it’s funny, full of adventure and it’s different to other children’s books. I recommend it to 8+ boys, although girls might enjoy it too. I give it 1 million stars!'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Another absolutely fantastic Hamish adventure which had me snortling (a cross between snorting and chortling with laughter) to myself. Brilliant!'
- Tariq Mustfa, age 10 - 'I like Hamish and the Neverpeople because it is fun to read who we nearly were but are nowhere near (the Neverpeople) have to save the world from the evil Scarmarsh.'
- Aonghus Anderson - 'It is truly amazing how the author makes these stories up, they are wonderful. It is a book that will test your imagination to the limits.'
- Rafferty Amor, age 9 - 'This book is very exciting and I always wanted to stay up late reading.'
- Toby, age 9 - 'This book is great fun if not a bit peculiar. It really gets your mind whirring and your imagination soar. Hamish and his friends go on an amazing journey to 'otherearth'
- Louie Mee - 'This was a really great book...it was soooo good.'
Hamish and the Neverpeople by Danny Wallace
Nobody knows it yet, but the people of Earth are in big, big trouble. Like - HUGE trouble. Oh, come on, where's your imagination? Double what you're thinking! And it's all got to do with a shadowy figure, an enormous tower, some sinister monsters, huge clanking and thundering metal oddballs, and people who are just like you… but not like you at all. Luckily Hamish and the PDF are around to help save the day! Aren't they??
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Danny Wallace
Simon & Schuster UK an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
11th February 2016
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen