Written by Cecelia Ahern
Lovereading4kids Price £11.99
£14.99 saving £3.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2016 Book of the Month Set in a society in which those deemed ‘flawed’ are branded and ostracised, Celia Ahern’s debut YA novel will talk directly to its readers. Every teenager wants to be perfect, to fit in and look like they know what they’re doing, so the thought of being marked as different, and more than that, as imperfect, out of step with everyone else, is terrifying. A moment of compassion leads Celestine to be accused of being Flawed. Former poster girl for the authoritarian government, she’s made an example to others, only to become a hero to the opposition. Raising interesting questions about society, and personal responsibility, and set against a convincing background of family, friends and first love, this will get young people reading and thinking.
A Piece of Passion from Nick Lake, Publishing Director: “Cecelia has a unique gift for creating stories that hook the reader in, and Flawed grabs from the first page. Beautifully realised, tender and thought-provoking, this is a book that makes you care – about Celestine, about fairness, about freedom. The only flaw is having to wait for the second book…”
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews here.
- Lynsey Brennan - 'Flawed has been described as The Scarlet Letter meets Divergent which is a perfect summary of what this book delivers...This dystopian story was well written and full of action that has left me hungry for the next instalment. Cecelia Ahern, I thank you for coming over to the YA side!'
- Eesha, age 14 - 'Flawed is, by far, one of the best books I've read. It kept me captivated throughout the whole story. I would strongly recommend it to everyone.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a pure adrenaline ride of a story that I had to start and finish in one sitting...I can't wait to read book two as this was truly awesome!'
- Alexandra - 'This book is flawless. There are many plot twists and interesting ideas that are developed throughout the whole of the book...'
- Izzy Read, , age 15- 'Flawed is an immersive & addictive-something I found out after staying up till 4am to finish it!'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 13 - '. I enjoyed the characters and how they were linked together. I liked the plot and the way it ended suggests there could be a sequel. I would rate this book five out of five stars.'
- Sophie Ellam - 'Flawed is an action packed, revealing, adrenaline rushing, dramatic book which is entwined in an intense and powerful love story. It grabs you from the first page and makes you not stop reading till the end.'
- Imogen Breaks, age 13 - 'I absolutely LOVED this book, it brought hope to where was needed, made me cry in all the right places and made me read it again and again!'
- Cesca Anderson, age 14 - 'Flawed is a very emotional, harrowing book about human society...This thought-provoking book focuses on one main point; what does 'fair' really mean?'
- Amelia White, age 16 - 'Another amazing novel by Cecelia Ahern, I really loved reading this book especially because it is a dystopian novel about a society which brands flawed people.'
- Emily Ridyard - ' Overall it was a gripping read that I just couldn't put down. It left me with lots of questions and I can't wait for the next book!'
- Emily Setchell - 'The concept was intriguing and thought provoking... but overall this book was an incredible read.'
- Aimee Sweet - '. Overall it was a gripping read and I recommend it to teenagers who enjoyed Divergent!'
Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
Flawed is set in a powerfully realised society where perfection is valued above humanity, with an intense love story at its centre. Good-girl Celestine has always agreed with the system but following an act of kindness towards one of the Flawed is herself excluded and soon she is fighting for her own survival – and for love. Hugely accessible, emotionally resonant and with a character who will seize the hearts of anyone who meets her, this is the ideal book for anyone who has ever felt the pressure to be perfect.
Cecelia Ahern said: “Flawed is one of the most thrilling, blood-pumping, heart-thumping stories I’ve ever written and I’m excited to share Celestine North’s journey with everyone.”
Praise for Cecelia Ahern:
‘A captivating, heartwarming read’ Closer
‘Insightful and true’ Irish Times
‘Exceptional … both heartbreaking and uplifting’ Daily Express
‘A heavenly gift that speaks to the heart’ Irish Independent
About the Author
More books by Cecelia Ahern
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
24th March 2016
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods