Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den
Written by Aimee Carter
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2016 Debut of the Month Like Harry Potter, Aimée Carter’s twisty, original thriller stars a gang of kids with special abilities up against a cast of powerful adults, some of whom are decidedly untrustworthy. Instead of being trainee wizards however, these young people are at shapeshifter school learning to turn themselves into animals. Simon can talk to animals, but had no idea he could be the heir to a shapeshifting dynasty until suddenly he’s at the centre of a decades-old intrigue, with a new set of friends, and even a brother he never knew he had. As strife between the shapeshifters and the different factions of the animal kingdom grows, this is a great opener to a new series that will satisfy readers who like their adventures action- and animal-packed. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'What a brilliant book. A boy who can talk to animals and shape shift. Perfect for reluctant boy readers I would say, as it's full of suspense and excitement.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'a great mix of amazing plot, thrilling action scenes and a jaw-dropping cliffhanger ending that left me begging for more of this incredible series.'
- Henry Plummer, age 10 - 'The Animalgam world is in grave danger. Will Simon Thorn, a 12 year old boy living in Manhattan, who discovers he can communicate with animals, be the one to save it?'
- Alice East, age 11 - 'This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I would rate this 10/10!'
- Charlotte Gordon, age 11 - 'Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den is a brilliant book. It is well written and has an amazing story line.'
- Oliver Thorpe, age 9 - 'This book is extraordinary. Simon is a boy living with his uncle while his mother works away. One day he meets a talking eagle. The next thing he knows he is whisked away to a world of adventure.'
Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den by Aimee Carter
Twelve-year-old Simon Thorn's life has never been easy, but being bullied at school and living in a cramped Manhattan apartment with his Uncle Darrell is nothing compared to his biggest secret: he can talk to animals. When his mum is kidnapped by a herd of terrifying rats, Simon finds out that he, his mum and his uncle are all Animalgams - people who can change into an animal at will. In search of his mother he discovers the Animalgam Academy located underneath Central Park Zoo. There he learns about the fractured five kingdoms that make up this secret world - Mammals, Birds, Insects, Reptiles and Underwater. And Simon Thorn is the only one who can save them.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Aimee Carter
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
11th February 2016
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11