Written by Cathy Cassidy
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Cathy Cassidy weaves the classic story of The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland into this no holds-barred contemporary story of bullying and its impact. Alice accepts an invitation to Savvy’s sleepover because she hopes it might be a genuine offer of friendship. Two years into secondary school, Alice has been isolated and bullied by her former friends who are now part of Savvy’s gang. But Alice soon finds that things are about to get worse! Alice’s accident takes her into a wonderland of her own. How will she get out of it? ~ Julia Eccleshare
One of our Books of the Year 2015
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'A modern recreation of Alice in Wonderland. All the charm of a regular Cathy Cassidy story but with a dark and exciting twist. I really enjoyed it.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'I loved reading this book! 5 stars!!...It was thoroughly enjoyable to read, even though it was sad when Alice had to go to the hospital.'
- Josie Wheeler - 'I thought that Looking Glass Girl was a fantastic book'
- Lily Dixon, age 11 - 'For me, Looking Glass Girl was an amazing book, perhaps, one of the best I’ve ever read...The depth and emotion in this book really got to me.'
- Hollie, age 10 - 'A sad and happy story. Alice felt just like a friend and the way the story was told through flashbacks, other characters narrating and Alice's dreams was something I've never read before.'
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I have read a few of Cathy Cassidy's other books and this is the best one so far for me, I really enjoyed it.'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'I couldn't put this book down!...I liked this book because it has a good moral (don't leave people out) and it was like reading a flashback.'
- Chloe Fernandes, age 9 - 'There was just one thing that confused me - the book kept jumping ahead mentioning things that were going to happen later on in the story. Anyway, overall it was an excellent book.'
Looking-Glass Girl by Cathy Cassidy
Alice nearly didn't go to the sleepover. Why would Savvy, queen of the school, invite someone like her? Now Alice is lying unconscious in a hospital bed. Lost in a wonderland of dreams and half-formed memories, she's surrounded by voices - the doctor, her worried friends and Luke - whose kisses the night of the fall took her by surprise...
When the accident happened her world vanished - can Alice ever find her way back? It is a wonderful modern-day reimagining of Lewis Carroll's timeless classic, an unforgettable tale of friendship and love from one of the UK's best-loved authors.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Cathy Cassidy
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
4th February 2016
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12