Written by Cathy Cassidy
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Cathy Cassidy weaves the classic story of The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland into this no holds-barred contemporary story of bullying and its impact. Alice accepts an invitation to Savvy’s sleepover because she hopes it might be a genuine offer of friendship. Two years into secondary school, Alice has been isolated and bullied by her former friends who are now part of Savvy’s gang. But Alice soon finds that things are about to get worse! Alice’s accident takes her into a wonderland of her own. How will she get out of it? ~ Julia Eccleshare
One of our Books of the Year 2015
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'A modern recreation of Alice in Wonderland. All the charm of a regular Cathy Cassidy story but with a dark and exciting twist. I really enjoyed it.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'I loved reading this book! 5 stars!!...It was thoroughly enjoyable to read, even though it was sad when Alice had to go to the hospital.'
- Josie Wheeler - 'I thought that Looking Glass Girl was a fantastic book'
- Lily Dixon, age 11 - 'For me, Looking Glass Girl was an amazing book, perhaps, one of the best I’ve ever read...The depth and emotion in this book really got to me.'
- Hollie, age 10 - 'A sad and happy story. Alice felt just like a friend and the way the story was told through flashbacks, other characters narrating and Alice's dreams was something I've never read before.'
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I have read a few of Cathy Cassidy's other books and this is the best one so far for me, I really enjoyed it.'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'I couldn't put this book down!...I liked this book because it has a good moral (don't leave people out) and it was like reading a flashback.'
- Chloe Fernandes, age 9 - 'There was just one thing that confused me - the book kept jumping ahead mentioning things that were going to happen later on in the story. Anyway, overall it was an excellent book.'
Looking-Glass Girl by Cathy Cassidy
Alice nearly didn't go to the sleepover. Why would Savvy, queen of the school, invite someone like her? Now Alice is lying unconscious in a hospital bed. Lost in a wonderland of dreams and half-formed memories, she's surrounded by voices - the doctor, her worried friends and Luke - whose kisses the night of the fall took her by surprise...
When the accident happened her world vanished - can Alice ever find her way back? It is a wonderful modern-day reimagining of Lewis Carroll's timeless classic, an unforgettable tale of friendship and love from one of the UK's best-loved authors.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Cathy Cassidy
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
4th February 2016
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11