Written by Meaghan McIsaac
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
‘Movers’ is a captivating and exciting, action packed dystopian adventure. There really is nothing more fascinating or thrilling than exploring a world, set in the future, just outside of reach, where everything has changed beyond recognition. ‘The Hourly Times’ is the perfect introduction to this story, cleverly placing you in 2077 and explaining the fear held by Nowbies about Movers and Shadows, people who can connect to each other through time. Pat and his younger sister Maggie are Movers, their father has been Shelved for moving his shadow from the future to the present and now Pat and Maggie are in terrible danger. Meaghan McIsaac transports you to the future, she enables you to experience time travel yourself, to see this strange and frightening world, to get to know this family, to care about their fate. Once I started reading, I really didn't want to stop. I adored every second of this breathtaking ride and while desperate to know the ending, didn’t want the last page to come! ‘Movers’ is quite simply fabulous and a must have, must read book. ~ Liz Robinson
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews here.
- Lauren Coffman, age 16 - 'This book was thrilling, exciting and also emotional at times, which all made for a very good read that I would definitely recommend.'
- Phoebe Doherty-Ozobiane, age 14 - 'Movers is a gripping, spine-tingling, at times jaw-breaking book that also has a realistic side - highlighting the racism and discrimination in society today and in the future.'
- Clíona McKeown-Bittles, age 17 - 'This unique and intriguing read created a universe of turmoil and uncertainty that was impossible to put down. I loved it!'
- Amy Laws, age 14 - 'I loved Movers from the first page, all the action gripped me and I struggled to put it down.'
- Sophia - 'I would like to thank the author of this book, it was amazing! Loved it!'
- Harvey Hodge, age 11 - 'a thrilling futuristic tale about three kids called Patrick, Maggie and Gabby.'
- Megan Chambers, age 14 - 'Such a well written book, although I feel as though I may have read a book with a similar plot before, or it may be that it's just so good, you are taken away to a different world.'
- Izzy Read, age 15 - 'This is an edgy sci-fi novel that is perfect for young teens.'
- Edel Waugh - 'Shadows are people that once lived here and movers can transport them in time making this story awesome!'
- Lucie Harrison - 'I thought Movers was a very intriguing and unique book, although it was a little complicated in places. On the whole I enjoyed reading it.'
- Molly Kenyon - 'The idea behind the story is incredibly original and I have never read a book like this before.'
- Callum Wonnacott, Year 7 - 'You will enjoy reading this book if you like adventure/action.'
Movers by Meaghan McIsaac
The world is dying, overcrowded and polluted. Storms rage over the immensely tall tower blocks, attracted to Movers. Movers are connected to people in the future, their Shadows. And moving your Shadow is highly illegal. Patrick knows all too well what happens if you break the law: his father has been in the Shelves ever since he moved his Shadow. And now Patrick and his family are in danger again. Following a catastrophic event at their school, Patrick must go on the run. Through filthy, teeming markets, forebrawler matches, a labyrinth of underground tunnels and beyond, he'll need his wits and courage to escape the forces that want to take everything he loves.
Set in a futuristic world where some are born with the power to move people from another time, this is a thrilling new science fiction series with an original time travel twist from the author of Urgle.
PRAISE FOR URGLE:
‘An imaginative world with the glint of originality . . . richly conceived’ Sunday Times
‘Sharp and funny’ Guardian
‘Fierce questions are woven in to a fast paced adventure that will delight thrill seekers and deep thinkers alike’ Storytellers Inc
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Meaghan McIsaac
Andersen Press Ltd
4th February 2016
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12