House of Robots: Robots Go Wild!
Written by James Patterson
Part of the House of Robots Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2015 - Now in paperback Another helping of page-turning fun from James Patterson, ably assisted by Chris Grabenstein. Sammy Hayes-Rodriguez shares his home with robots – his mum is a robot scientist - and one of them, E, even goes to school with him, to act as eyes and ears for little sister Maddie, who has severe immune-deficiency. Having a ‘bro-bot’ gives Sammy some much-needed cool at school, but the arrival of another robot in the classroom puts a spanner in the works. With E suddenly behaving like a delinquent, Sammy must find out what’s going wrong, and put it right. For all the craziness of the situation, the story is firmly grounded in kids’ own experiences of school and home-life. Short chapters, the speedy pace and copious cartoon illustrations mean that readers will zip through this. ~ Andrea Reece
- Cajsa Jonsson, age 9 - 'Funny and original. Brilliant story telling! I loved this book so much because it is a different approach of a diary/journal.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 10 - 'Being a typical James Patterson book, this is funny, interesting and has a fantastic plot line. I definitely do not think you will be disappointed if you choose to read this.'
- Hattie Benton, age 9 - 'I am inspired by this book and would give it five stars! Definitely read House of Robots!'
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'I really liked this book it has lots of illustrations throughout and the chapters are very short too which I liked.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'I was really keen to read this book as I am a big fan of James Patterson's stories and it was every bit as good as I was expecting.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'This is a brilliant book about a boy who has a robot for a brother...This is a funny book and I recommend it for ages 9-12.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Like Middle School with robots, this is an amazing story full of brilliant inventions and comic strip illustrations.'
- Isaac Phelan, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this book because it was brilliantly written, and made me giggle. It has some fantastic parts which has me on the edge of my seat.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '10/10 - It was really funny and brilliantly written.'
- Sneha Thadani, age 7 - '.a mystery book full of robots, crimes and laughs!
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A great laugh out loud story written in the same way as the Middle School books. The illustrations are fantastic. I would highly recommend this to boys and girls between the age of 7 and 12.'
- Marli Jones, age 11 - 'This is a very good book...I would recommend this book to all genders 7-12.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'It is funny and very easy to read. It will make you laugh out loud and the illustrations make it even more interesting.'
- Finn Morris, age 12 - 'House of Robots is a very interesting book which I found myself getting very absorbed into. I got attached to the characters and involved in the story.'
- Toby Pickering, age 8 - 'House of Robots is a great story with lots of twists, mystery and more. It tells the story of Sammy and the Robot his mum has invented "E" which Sammy has to take to school.'
House of Robots: Robots Go Wild! by James Patterson
In book two of the House of Robots series, it's 'bot brains versus 'bot brawn in an all-out war!
Sammy Hayes-Rodriguez and his 'bro-bot' E are making new friends every day as E works as his bedridden sister Maddie's school proxy. But disaster strikes when E malfunctions just in time to be upstaged by the super-cool new robot on the block - and loses his ability to help Maddie. Now it's up to Sammy to figure out what's wrong with E and save his family!
Living with a bunch of robots really isn’t all it's cracked up to be. Check out the first episode of the new animated series House of Robots, based on James Patterson’s series!
Browse inside this book
Praise for the House of Robots series
'Being a typical James Patterson book, this is funny, interesting and has a fantastic plot line. I definitely do not think you will be disappointed if you choose to read this.' Joseph Kinder, LoveReading4Kids reviewer, age 10
‘It was such a great book I couldn't put it down.’ Amazon reviewer
Praise for James Patterson’s other series:
Maximum Ride Series
“Has all the characteristics of his work…pace, action, mystery and cool” – The Sunday Times
The Dangerous Days of Daniel X
“Terrific”– The Daily Telegraph
Witch & Wizard
“A fast, exciting fantasy adventure…wall-to-wall thrills and spills…. page-turning suspense, pace and invention, street-smart irony and upbeat humour”– Books For Keeps
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
11th February 2016
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7