Written by Sally Green
Part of the Half Bad Series
Lovereading4kids Price £11.99
£14.99 saving £3.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2016 Book of the Month This epic, high-stakes conclusion to the record-breaking Half Bad trilogy will more than satisfy the legions of aficionados desperately awaiting its release.
Consumed by anger and set on avenging his father’s death, Nathan is on the run again, while the fragmented Alliance of Free Witches is battling against the odds to end the war between the Black and White witches. In order to do this, Nathan must journey to America to obtain the missing half of Gabriel’s potent amulet, but persuading the keeper of the amulet to part with it will take everything he has.
Often brutal, sometimes poignant, and always visceral, this is a fittingly, satisfyingly gut-wrenching dénouement to a visionary trilogy about the brutalities of war, survival, and love. ~ Joanne Owen
- Emily Passmore, age 13 - 'From the first chapter, this book is totally enthralling and this continues throughout. Really, really, really good!'
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'It is a very good book about witches and a little bit of fighting, a little bit of love, and a little bit about the family.'
- Belinda Bekheit - 'Truly a tale for our times and an excellent page-turner. I would thoroughly recommend this for 12+ readers.'
- Lewis Duckworth, age 12 - 'a fantastic fantasy novel written by a talented writer...Personally I love this book.'
- Liam Pickering, age 11 - 'This book was written with deep feelings for the despairing black witch. I would definately reccomend it to anyone around my age especially people who have a big imagination.'
- Sean Keaveny, age 11 - 'Nathan, a witch half white, half black. Even among witches to survive you must be white or black. Nathan struggles to survive in a world where no one accepts him...This is such a fantastic read I can’t wait for the sequel!'
- Imogen Breaks, age 11 - 'An exciting novel about a young boy born into a family of different witches, with twists and turns on every page. Green makes you feel you are on Nathan's journey with him every step of the nailbiting way.'
- Adam Pattenden, age 12 - 'A gripping mix of sorcery, survival and teenage struggle.'
- Josh Hall, age 13 - 'Not really my style. Interesting in places but mainly difficult to read and slightly pointless at times.'
- Poppy, age 15 - 'I found it very gripping and difficult to put down, but thought that the ending left lots of loose ends that I thought needed to be tied up.'
Half Lost by Sally Green
The third and final instalment in the breathtaking Half Bad series by Sally Green - now available for pre-order! Nathan Byrn is running again. The Alliance of Free Witches has been all but destroyed. Scattered and demoralized, constantly pursued by the Council's Hunters, only a bold new strategy can save the rebels from total defeat. They need the missing half of Gabriel's amulet - an ancient artifact with the power to render its bearer invincible in battle. But the amulet's guardian - the reclusive and awesomely powerful witch Ledger - has her own agenda. To win her trust, Nathan must travel to America and persuade her to give him the amulet. Combined with his own Gifts, the amulet might just be enough turn the tide for the Alliance and end the bloody civil war between Black and White witches once and for all...
HALF BAD is a parallel universe occupied by witches, where light and dark, good and evil are in continuous flux. It is a journey into adulthood, whereby Nathan must find himself, and his place in the world. A journey of discovery that will lay bare the best and the worst of humankind.
The first in the trilogy, Half Bad, is the most translated book of all time with currently, 51 languages that it has been translated into. www.halfbadworld.com
'A book about witches with no owls and not a pair of round spectacles in sight. The new Hunger Games,I suspect... Brilliant and utterly compelling - I loved it.' Kate Atkinson, author of Life after Life and Behind the Scenes of the Museum
'Teens rejoice: the inheritor to Stephenie Meyer's crown has arrived.' Fiona Wilson, The Times
'Edgy, arresting and brilliantly written, Half Bad grips you from the first page and doesn't let go.' Michael Grant, author of Gone
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Sally Green
Penguin Books Ltd
31st March 2016
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10