Written by James Patterson
Part of the Jacky Ha-ha Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Like the characters in many of his hugely popular children’s books Jacky, the star of James Patterson’s Jacky Ha-Ha, is an expert a cracking jokes. It gets her attention (important when you’re one of seven sisters) and keeps the other kids laughing with her, not at her (Jacky stammers). It also gets her into a lot of trouble at school. It takes a new teacher with as many gags as Jacky to find a way to channel that creative energy into something that will keep her in the spotlight but out of detention. As ever the story zips along and Jacky’s first person straight-to-camera narrative is very appealing. Behind the humour the emotions ring true – Jacky misses her mum, a US soldier away on operations and worries what her dad is doing out late every night – and this will have readers hooked from page one. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Evie Boston, age 10 - 'Hilariously funny and impossible to put down!'
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 11 - 'Jacky Ha-Ha is a funny and enjoyable story that I did not want to put down.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 10 - 'This hilarious book is unlike any other book I've read!'
- Felicity Kerswell, age 13 - 'The book was very funny and I enjoyed reading about the main character Jacky. I would definitely recommend this book! Loved it!'
- Ellen Cox, age 9 - 'A very funny book that I really enjoyed!'
- Amelia Jones, age 10 - 'Absolutely loved Jacky Ha-Ha, I was in fits of laughter frequently throughout the book...Jacky vows to make her life better and she makes it!!! Just a few bumps and potholes on her road to a better future!'
- Gabriella Chatham, age 9 - 'Jacky Ha-Ha is a very funny book. I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys laugh out loud books.'
- William Longlands, age 12 - '9/10 Well written and I would recommend it.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 9 - 'This is a funny book and is a fast read.'
- Victor Seage, age 8 - 'I just wanted to keep turning the pages of the book to find out what happens next. I love this author.'
Jacky Ha-Ha by James Patterson
With her irresistible urge to tell a joke in every situation - even when she really, really shouldn't - twelve-year-old Jacky Ha-Ha loves to make people laugh. And cracking wise helps distract her from thinking about not-so-funny things in her life, like her mom serving in a dangerous, faraway war, and a dad who's hardly ever home. But no matter how much fun Jacky has, she can't seem to escape her worries. So one starlit night, she makes a promise to keep her family together...even if she has to give up the one thing that makes her happy. But can she stop being Jacky Ha-Ha, if that's who she really is?
Browse inside this book
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
7th April 2016
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15