Written by James Patterson
Part of the Jacky Ha-ha Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Like the characters in many of his hugely popular children’s books Jacky, the star of James Patterson’s Jacky Ha-Ha, is an expert a cracking jokes. It gets her attention (important when you’re one of seven sisters) and keeps the other kids laughing with her, not at her (Jacky stammers). It also gets her into a lot of trouble at school. It takes a new teacher with as many gags as Jacky to find a way to channel that creative energy into something that will keep her in the spotlight but out of detention. As ever the story zips along and Jacky’s first person straight-to-camera narrative is very appealing. Behind the humour the emotions ring true – Jacky misses her mum, a US soldier away on operations and worries what her dad is doing out late every night – and this will have readers hooked from page one. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Evie Boston, age 10 - 'Hilariously funny and impossible to put down!'
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 11 - 'Jacky Ha-Ha is a funny and enjoyable story that I did not want to put down.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 10 - 'This hilarious book is unlike any other book I've read!'
- Felicity Kerswell, age 13 - 'The book was very funny and I enjoyed reading about the main character Jacky. I would definitely recommend this book! Loved it!'
- Ellen Cox, age 9 - 'A very funny book that I really enjoyed!'
- Amelia Jones, age 10 - 'Absolutely loved Jacky Ha-Ha, I was in fits of laughter frequently throughout the book...Jacky vows to make her life better and she makes it!!! Just a few bumps and potholes on her road to a better future!'
- Gabriella Chatham, age 9 - 'Jacky Ha-Ha is a very funny book. I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys laugh out loud books.'
- William Longlands, age 12 - '9/10 Well written and I would recommend it.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 9 - 'This is a funny book and is a fast read.'
- Victor Seage, age 8 - 'I just wanted to keep turning the pages of the book to find out what happens next. I love this author.'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Jacky Ha-Ha by James Patterson
With her irresistible urge to tell a joke in every situation - even when she really, really shouldn't - twelve-year-old Jacky Ha-Ha loves to make people laugh. And cracking wise helps distract her from thinking about not-so-funny things in her life, like her mom serving in a dangerous, faraway war, and a dad who's hardly ever home. But no matter how much fun Jacky has, she can't seem to escape her worries. So one starlit night, she makes a promise to keep her family together...even if she has to give up the one thing that makes her happy. But can she stop being Jacky Ha-Ha, if that's who she really is?
Browse inside this book
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
7th April 2016
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen