The Diamond Brothers in the Falcon's Malteser
Written by Anthony Horowitz
Part of the Diamond Brothers Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This reissue of Anthony Horowitz’s hugely entertaining crime caper comes with a brand new introduction by Tim Diamond, who is probably – in fact almost certainly – the most incompetent private detective in the world. The wise-cracking tone, with jokes coming in every line, sets readers up for what follows, ie a sharp crime pastiche which keeps all the thrills of Hammett while throwing in more jokes than the reader could count. The plot revolves around a missing criminal and his missing diamonds, and opens with Tim receiving a box of Maltesers that makes him the target for every criminal in town. Lucky he’s got little brother Nick, the brains of the family, to keep him safe.
Horowitz is king of crime for kids, but Dominic Barker’s Mickey Sharp series (Sharp Stuff, Sharp Shot) are also satisfying adventures that are very, very funny. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ethan Watkin, age 8 - 'This is an amazing book by Anthony Horowitz. I have never read any of his books before and after finishing this I went straight out and got another one to read and now I want to read them all!'
- Lucía Lopez-Jamar, age 9 - 'This book is full of intrigue, it is very funny and interesting. If you like detectives, you'll love the book. From the first page you will be hooked and you'll be laughing.'
- Edward Macklin, age 10 - 'From the moment you start reading there is constant suspense followed by hilarious jokes.'
- William Longlands, age 12 - 'Overall, I think that this is a very good book, especially as it is the first one in a series and it makes you want to read the rest. 10/10.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 11 - 'Anthony Horowitz is one of my favourite authors. The Diamond Brothers cases are so witty. Crime, mystery, suspense and humour all rolled into one. Highly recommended, especially to reluctant readers.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 10 - 'This is an amazing book...I also really liked the illustrations in the book because they really intrigued me and made me read on...I give it 5 stars.'
- Edward Bailey, age 11 - 'Cracking read! It's going to be hard to top this! More More!! I Soooooooooooooooooooooo want the next installment!'
The Diamond Brothers in the Falcon's Malteser by Anthony Horowitz
When a dwarf comes into the office and leaves a package, Tim Diamond, the world's worst private-detective, is faced with his toughest case yet. The office is ransacked and the package is found to contain simply a box of Maltesers. Who was the dwarf ...and why was he murdered shortly after his visit?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Anthony Horowitz
Walker Books Ltd
5th May 2016
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen