Middle School: Just My Rotten Luck
Written by James Patterson
Part of the Middle School Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
James Patterson continues to do sterling work turning reluctant readers onto books, and this latest instalment in the ongoing trials of Rafe Khatchadorian will more than satisfy his young fans. Things couldn’t look worse for Rafe, he’s back at Hills Village Middle School, but enrolled in a special needs class. The only person showing any enthusiasm for his return is his least favourite person in the world, Miller, aka the Killer. But as readers know, Raffe is nothing less than resilient, and things might not turn out as badly as he expects. Short action-packed chapters, snappy dialogue, lots of humour, cartoons and extra graphics, they all contribute to make these some of the most accessible page-turners around. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Oscar Smith, age 8 - 'This is a laugh your socks off book with lots of wacky hijinks and cheeky puns!!????'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'One of the best books I have ever read. I love the Middle School series and I think this is the best one yet. If you like Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates then you will love this too.'
- Katelyn Keast, age 9 - 'I really like this book because it’s so funny and when I started reading I couldn’t stop. This book is so easy and fun to read I love it.'
- Bryher Humphryes - 'I really enjoyed Middle School: Just my Rotten Luck because it's really funny and hilarious and the cartoon drawings are amazing.'
- Toby Jarvis, age 10 - 'This book is about a boy called Rafe who has an amazing passion for art he describes himself as a loser but throughout the year it gets better for him. I loved this book and now my brother is reading it and he loves it to.'
- Josh Curtis, age 13 - 'Overall I think this was a very good book and I wanted to carry on reading as it was very interesting and funny. I would suggest this for 10 years and over.'
- Sophia Curtis, age 9 - 'I really like this book and think that people 9+ boy or girl.'
- Baqir Saleem, age 10 - 'Join Rafe on his amazing journey through middle school and see how he encounters ups and downs through his school life and copes through getting bullied by the brutal Miller the Killer...'
- Isabelle Wood, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book and recommend to everyone.'
- Danny Belton, age 10 - 'I really liked this book. As usual James Patterson has done a great job at writing this book and I hope he does more books in this series.'
- Hannah Baer, age 12 - 'Personally, I enjoy these books because lots of people read them and they are funny and normally easy to understand.'
- Nicholas Butler, age 9 - 'Girls will like it, but I think boys would like it more, especially if they don’t particularly like reading as it’s easy to read and really funny in places.'
Win a Middle School Goody Bag!
Middle School: The Worst Days of My Life has had the Hollywood treatment and is now available as a movie on Netflicks! To mark Rafe Khatchadorian's celebrity rise we are giving away THREE fantastic goody bags fillled with Middle School treats including a rucksack, pencil, notepad and ruler as well as a copy of The Worst Days of My Life paperback!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 April 2017. The winners will be notified by 17 April 2017.
Middle School: Just My Rotten Luck by James Patterson
In this seventh Middle School episode, Rafe heads back to the place his misadventures began: the dreaded Hills Village Middle School, where he's now being forced to take special classes. He also finds himself joining the school's football team - alongside his main tormenter, Miller the Killer!
But Rafe has grand plans for a better year: First, he decides to start a super-secret art project that's sure to rock the school. Then, if Rafe manages to make a play to save his team, he might have to deal with something completely new: popularity!
Find lots of news and fun activities on the Middle School books here.
Browse inside this book
Praise for the Middle School series:
“An excellent read” The Guardian Children’s Website on Middle School: Lost in London
“A great pick for reluctant readers” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: Ultimate Showdown
“Middle School is my favourite set of books” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli and Snake Hill
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
5th May 2016
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk