Rent A Bridesmaid
Written by Jacqueline Wilson
Illustrated by Nick Sharratt
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2016 Book of the Month A fabulous, funny and moving story about the power of friendship from the mega-bestselling creator of Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather and more recently Katy, the retelling of Susan Coolidge's classic What Katy Did. As with many of Jacqueline Wilson's novels it is full of beautiful illustrations by much-loved illustrator, Nick Sharratt.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Cora Willans, age 9 - ' Amazing story, amazing author!'
- Ella Jones, age 11 - 'Nine-year-old Tilly has lots of things to worry about: her best friend Matty and her friend Marty (an Easter egg for 'the worst thing about my sister' readers!),her mum and which wedding to go to.'
- Miyah Smith, age 10 - 'This book was well written but too girly for my liking. Though it was clever and funny at times, I would only give 3 out of 5, but I can see other people enjoying this story.'
- Sumayyah Husna, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book. Tilly is a lovely girl and I like her idea of wearing her favourite dress and making money! This is a good book.'
- Katelyn Keast, age 10 - 'I love Rent a Bridesmaid because it’s an exciting, sad and funny book.'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 9 - 'This book was amazing. I read it really quickly all the way through because I wanted to find out what would happen, and I loved the characters.'
- Ella Jones, age 11 - '9-year-old Tilly has lots of things to worry about: her best friend Matty and her friend Marty (an Easter egg for 'the worst thing about my sister' readers!), her mum and which wedding to go to!!'
- Ellen Cox, age 9 - 'Very funny book - I didn't want to put it down!'
- Jessica Cobbin, age 9 - 'It's really amazing and wonderful and my favourite character is Matty the tomboy.'
- Ella Meredith, age 9 - 'Rent a Bridesmaid is a very good book. I would give it 5 stars.'
- Rosie Bryan-Lambert, age 9 - 'I really like this book because it is well written and it feels like a real life story. This is the first Jacqueline Wilson book I have read and it is amazing.'
- Gabrielle Chatham, age 9 - 'Another brilliant Jacqueline Wilson book, featuring a girl called Tilly who is desperate to be a bridesmaid.'
- Elizabeth Bridgeman, age 8 - 'Rent A Bridesmaid is really good.'
- Aminah, age 11 - 'I have really enjoyed reading this book, it has been one of my favourites so far.'
Rent A Bridesmaid by Jacqueline Wilson
Tilly can't believe it when her best friend Matty is asked to be a bridesmaid. In Tilly's favourite daydream, she's kitted out in the most beautiful bridesmaid dress, walking down the aisle behind a beautiful bride. The one wedding she'd really like to attend is her own mum and dad's. But as that's never going to happen, it's time for Tilly to make her own dream come true - and put her bridesmaid services up for hire...
Browse inside this book
'A brilliant writer of wit and subtlety' THE TIMES
'She should be prescribed for all cases of reading reluctance' INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY
'Has a rare gift for writing lightly and amusingly about emotional issues' BOOKSELLER
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Jacqueline Wilson
Author's Facebook Latest
Doubleday Children's Books an imprint of Random House Children's Publishers UK
5th May 2016
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques