Rent A Bridesmaid
Written by Jacqueline Wilson
Illustrated by Nick Sharratt
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2016 Book of the Month A fabulous, funny and moving story about the power of friendship from the mega-bestselling creator of Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather and more recently Katy, the retelling of Susan Coolidge's classic What Katy Did. As with many of Jacqueline Wilson's novels it is full of beautiful illustrations by much-loved illustrator, Nick Sharratt.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Cora Willans, age 9 - ' Amazing story, amazing author!'
- Ella Jones, age 11 - 'Nine-year-old Tilly has lots of things to worry about: her best friend Matty and her friend Marty (an Easter egg for 'the worst thing about my sister' readers!),her mum and which wedding to go to.'
- Miyah Smith, age 10 - 'This book was well written but too girly for my liking. Though it was clever and funny at times, I would only give 3 out of 5, but I can see other people enjoying this story.'
- Sumayyah Husna, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book. Tilly is a lovely girl and I like her idea of wearing her favourite dress and making money! This is a good book.'
- Katelyn Keast, age 10 - 'I love Rent a Bridesmaid because it’s an exciting, sad and funny book.'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 9 - 'This book was amazing. I read it really quickly all the way through because I wanted to find out what would happen, and I loved the characters.'
- Ella Jones, age 11 - '9-year-old Tilly has lots of things to worry about: her best friend Matty and her friend Marty (an Easter egg for 'the worst thing about my sister' readers!), her mum and which wedding to go to!!'
- Ellen Cox, age 9 - 'Very funny book - I didn't want to put it down!'
- Jessica Cobbin, age 9 - 'It's really amazing and wonderful and my favourite character is Matty the tomboy.'
- Ella Meredith, age 9 - 'Rent a Bridesmaid is a very good book. I would give it 5 stars.'
- Rosie Bryan-Lambert, age 9 - 'I really like this book because it is well written and it feels like a real life story. This is the first Jacqueline Wilson book I have read and it is amazing.'
- Gabrielle Chatham, age 9 - 'Another brilliant Jacqueline Wilson book, featuring a girl called Tilly who is desperate to be a bridesmaid.'
- Elizabeth Bridgeman, age 8 - 'Rent A Bridesmaid is really good.'
- Aminah, age 11 - 'I have really enjoyed reading this book, it has been one of my favourites so far.'
Win a copy of The Bolds!
We are giving away 5 copies of The Bolds, the first in Julian Clary's hilarious series about a family of hyenas living in disguise. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Rent A Bridesmaid by Jacqueline Wilson
Tilly can't believe it when her best friend Matty is asked to be a bridesmaid. In Tilly's favourite daydream, she's kitted out in the most beautiful bridesmaid dress, walking down the aisle behind a beautiful bride. The one wedding she'd really like to attend is her own mum and dad's. But as that's never going to happen, it's time for Tilly to make her own dream come true - and put her bridesmaid services up for hire...
Browse inside this book
'A brilliant writer of wit and subtlety' THE TIMES
'She should be prescribed for all cases of reading reluctance' INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY
'Has a rare gift for writing lightly and amusingly about emotional issues' BOOKSELLER
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Jacqueline Wilson
Author's Facebook Latest
Doubleday Children's Books an imprint of Random House Children's Publishers UK
5th May 2016
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11