Fenn Halflin and the Fearzero
Written by Francesca Armour-Chelu
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Julia Eccleshare's Pick of the Month, June 2016 Debut author Francesca Armour-Chelu has created a desperate flooded dystopian world in this fast-paced story of one boy's survival. When Fenn's parents are killed by the vicious Terra Ferma who are determined to wipe out all Seaborns, Fenn survives thanks to Halflin who does everything he can to keep Fenn safe. But Fenn is a child with a special destiny and Chilstone, the heartless leader of Terra Firma, is determined to get him. Can Fenn stay one step ahead of his pursuers? ~ Julia Eccleshare
Julia Eccleshare's Picks of the Month for June 2016
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Destined to start a revolution, Fenn is forced to run for his life in this totally gripping adventure set in a watery, futuristic world.'
- Alice East, age 11 - 'Fenn Halflin and the Fearzero is a thrilling book about a flooded world and the fight to live on the small bit of land that is left. Join Fenn on his exiting adventure in this action packed book.'
- Cally Evans, age 10 - 'So good you won't put it down until you've finished it!'
- Ross O'Gorman, age 9 - 'This book will appeal to lovers of fantasy and adventure. The central character Fenn lives with his Grandfather, Halflin who saved Fenn's life as a baby.'
- Maya Watson, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this book about a boy who has a big secret which forces him out of hiding into the open. I can't wait for the second book to come out!'
- Kai Bryan, age 10 - 'This book is an action packed adventure story which I really enjoyed and found very exciting to read.'
- Edward Bailey, age 11 - 'Definitely not my favourite book in the world, could do with improvements but I can accept it.'
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 9 - 'I recommend this book for ages 10+ because some of the words were difficult and some parts were hard to understand.'
Fenn Halflin and the Fearzero by Francesca Armour-Chelu
First in a chilling adventure series about a sinking world in which 13 year old Fenn Halflin, the last seaborn realises when he is separated from his grandfather that it is only he who can save the world from the ruthless Terra Ferma.
In a world that has been ravaged by flooding, Fenn Halflin learns the truth about his past - a secret that forces him to flee the safety of his home as he is chased across the vast sea by the ruthless Terra Firma and their cold-blooded leader, Chilstone. Finding shelter on a decaying island, Fenn is taken in by child survivors in hiding, and he begins a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with the Terra Firma, who will stop at nothing to find him. But as Chilstone's dreaded Fearzero ship appears on the horizon, and the water levels continue to rise, it seems that Fenn's hopes of escape will be washed away for ever.
Fans of Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl will love it as will all those with a real sense of adventure.
The first in a chilling adventure series about a sinking world that subtly addresses themes of migration and global warming. [...] A great adventure with a heartfelt message. South Wales Evening Post
I LOVED this book and am desperate to read the second instalment [...] Issues of the environment, discrimination, refugees and migration make this book pertinent to the current world order. The prose style is rich and engaging and worthy of study in any upper key stage literacy lesson. The School Librarian
The first in a chilling adventure series about a sinking world - apt for readers aged nine and over who like Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl. Surrey Advertiser Pick of the Month, June 2016
Debut author Francesca Armour-Chelu has created a desperate flooded dystopian world in this fast-paced story of one boy's survival. Julia Eccleshare, LoveReading
Clever, intriguing and wonderful - a brilliant adventure. Really superb. sschambe.wordpress.com
Exciting and simply brilliant! Fallen Star Stories
rich in description Books for Keeps
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Francesca Armour-Chelu
Walker Books Ltd
2nd June 2016
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15