Operation Bunny The Detective Agency's First Case
Written by Sally Gardner
Illustrated by David Roberts
Part of the The Fairy Detective Agency Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A brand new quirky detective series called WINGS & Co. brimming with humour, mystery and magic by million-copy selling author Sally Gardner and illustrated by David Roberts. Operation Bunny is the first case for the Fairy Detective Agency and with the help of a talking cat called Fidget and a grumpy fairy detective called Buster, it's up to Emily Vole to get to the bottom of Operation Bunny. It's a series that 7+ year olds shouldn't be missing.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Nadine Kelly , age 11, St. Colm’s High School, Draperstown, Northern Ireland - 'This story is really exciting. It is beautifully illustrated and I loved the nice short chapters...I look forward to more stories by Sally Gardner, she is such a good author.' Read full review >
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'The book is very good so I could not take my eyes of the words...I like the story because of its funniness. I think the author took a long time to write and out the work it out.' Read full review >
- James Wood, age 7 - 'I've read some of Sally Gardner's other books, such as the boy with the lightning feet, and this one is really good too. It is a good and interesting story with some very funny bits.' Read full review >
- Iris Pritchard-Williams, age 8 - 'I think the story was very exciting, I thought the writer of Operation Bunny had a good imagination because there was made up stuff, that was really amazing.' Read full review >
- Raspberry, age 6 - 'I recommend this book to people who like magic and solving mysteries.' Read full review >
- Grace Phelan, age 7 - 'An exciting book that makes you want to be a detective yourself when you grow up.' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade, age 10 - 'Funny, magical and exciting, Operation Bunny is a great story that would appeal to all fans of the weird and wonderful!' Read full review >
- Cait Galbraith, age 8 - 'A thrilling fairytale about fairies, bunnies and cats. I would highly recommend this book.' Read full review >
- Amisha McCrystal, age 12 - St. Colm's High School - 'a magical book full of wonderful things, such as, bunnies, moving houses, fairies, large talking cats and a pair of mischievous keys...I would definitely read another Sally Gardner novel.' Read full review >
- Alisha Boyce, age 10 - 'I like this book because it`s got my favourite animal in, BUNNYS and they are all pink which is my favourite Colour. It`s a good and exciting book.' Read full review >
- Caroline Randall (mum to Lauren)- 'silly language but an overly laborious story line that did not capture her attention.' Read full review >
Operation Bunny The Detective Agency's First Case by Sally Gardner
'Agatha Christie for kids' - the first in a detective agency series brimming with mystery and magic by million-copy selling author, Sally Gardner, and illustrated by bestselling artist, David Roberts.
Emily Vole makes headline news in the first weeks of her life, when she is found in an abandoned hatbox in Stansted Airport. Then, only a few years later, her neighbour Mrs String dies leaving Emily a mysterious inheritance: an old shop, a small bunch of golden keys and a cat called Fidget. It's the beginning of an adventure of a lifetime as the old Wings and Co Detective Agency comes back to life. It is up to Emily to reopen the shop, and recall the fairies to duty. Together they must embark on their first mystery and do battle with their great enemy, Harpella.
Includes Wings and Co detective case notes, character profiles and clues.
'Fun, quirky and imaginative' The Observer
'Brimming with humour, mystery and magic' Lovereading4kids
'Perfectly pitched ... spiked with the kind of wit and social comment that will have parents chuckling over their children's shoulders. Something completely out of the ordinary' Books For Keeps
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Sally Gardner
Author's Facebook Latest
Orion Children's Books an imprint of Hachette Children's Group
16th June 2016
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham