My Gym Teacher is an Alien Overlord
Written by David Solomons
Illustrated by Laura Ellen Anderson
Part of the My Brother is a Superhero Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2016 Book of the Month | In a nutshell : aliens invade Bromley
The follow-up to David Solomon’s prize-winning sci-fi comedy My Brother is a Superhero delivers just as much in the way of tension, adventure and laughs. Still resentful of his now superhero big brother, Luke inadvertently gets his own back by revealing that sulky teen Cara is the kryptonite to Zack’s Superman. Unfortunately, this plays into the hands of aliens intent on invading Earth and forcing its inhabitants to watch reality TV for the rest of time. The action is as fast and funny as ever, and the in-jokes possibly even better. Young readers will love this and parents, it would make the perfect bedtime read – some of those jokes are too good just for the young!
The Editor at Nosy Crow says: “My Brother is a Superhero set the bar high, but this sequel does not fall short – it’s just as crammed with laughs, adventure, wit and emotional depth. And Serge. Magnifique!”
- Nicholas Butler, age 9 - 'My Brother Is a Superhero is a really exciting book, really funny and packed with outstanding vocabulary.'
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 13 -'A book definitely for children who like superheroes with a bit of witty banter throughout the story.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A brilliantly funny adventure with twists, turns, crazy characters and a really hilarious ending. Fantastic!'
- Joshua Zinkin, age 10 - 'This book truly deserves a 10/10 and I would really like it if there was another one in the series.'
- Isaac, age 11 - 'This book was one of the best I've read in Lovereading. It had everything an imaginative child would want.'
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'As I really love superheroes, this book especially appealed to me, but I think other people would enjoy it even if they don't know much about superheroes.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'It was hard to put down as there was so much suspense and excitement that I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.'
- Calum, age 11 - 'I rate this book a 5/5 because it hooks you in and then keeps you in another world. I was so addicted to it that my mum had to make me put it down.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'This is a marvellous comic lovers' adventure story. If you enjoy a good cliffhanger, then this is the book for you!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'An epic book about a boy called Luke who has to save his brother - who happens to be a superhero!'
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'I think this is an amazing book and would recommend it to anyone.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'I recommend this book to 10+ superhero fans who love adventure books. I give this book a green, I mean red, I mean great 101/100!'
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I loved this book and I also loved the way that the author carried on with the story line.'
My Gym Teacher is an Alien Overlord by David Solomons
Sequel to the bestselling My Brother is a Superhero - over 47,000 copies sold to date! David Solomons is a meteroic new voice in children's fiction - perfect for fans of Frank Cottrell Boyce.
Zack and Lara have superpowers. Luke has new school shoes and a burning sense of resentment. He KNOWS that aliens disguised as gym teachers are about to attack Earth but will anyone listen? No. So one dodgy pact with a self-styled supervillain later, and Luke is ready to save the world. He just needs to find his trainers...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by David Solomons
Nosy Crow Ltd
7th July 2016
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi