Written by Alex Scarrow
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: coming after you The best horror stories play on our deepest fears, and Alex Scarrow works that brilliantly in this thoroughly unsettling and unputdownable thriller. Leon is smart, and realises early on that something bad is happening: news reports, quickly suppressed, of a virus spreading across the world, are just the start. The virus turns out to be unstoppable, deadly, and – shockingly - to be intelligent. Unease builds as we watch the civilisation we trust collapse in days leaving Leon and a few other survivors isolated and terrified. Skilfully written, this puts the disturbing back into dystopia. Readers will find themselves going from tense to tenser, and will need strong stomachs for some scenes.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Edel Waugh - 'Terrifying and thought provoking and guaranteed to keep you up at night reading to the very last page!'
- Humaira Kauser, age 18 - 'Remade reminded me a little bit of The Maze Runner and CW's Containment but had an extra edge and thrill...gripping, hard to put down and gave me a thrill that isn't easy to forget.'
- Phoebe Allen - 'A book that gets your heart racing, your brain working overtime and your heart hoping that our world never experiences the horror of Scarrow's imagination!'
- Izzy Read, age 15 - 'Remade is suspenseful, heart wrenching and screaming for a sequel.
- Reuben Cobb, age 13 - 'This book is very tense and always made me want to read more...what a wonderful thriller.'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 14 - 'This book is full of plot twists which were a shock. I hope there will more books to follow the story.'
- Jess Anderson, age 13 - 'A high paced, very topical book which was impossible to put down...absolutely fantastic.'
- Sophia Ufton - 'What a fantastic story, the plot was amazing! I loved reading this book and hope the author does more.'
- Mariam Ahmed, age 18 - 'so creepy and convincing that I awoke in the dark of the night with images of those scuttling crustaceans at the forefront of my mind.'
- Khadijah Ahmed - 'This book has filled the gap other apocalyptic treats, such as The Last of Us and I Am Legend, left in my life.'
- Phoebe Doherty-Ozobiane, age 14 - 'By far one of my favourite apocalyptic novels with plot twists and unholy cliffhangers at every turn...5 out of 5.'
- Lauren Coffman, age 16 - 'I loved this book, and couldn’t put it down. The characters were interesting, the story was thrilling and Scarrow’s writing, as well as the science behind it made it feel extremely real.'
Remade by Alex Scarrow
At first they think it is some sort of disease – a strange viral outbreak in a remote part of Africa, barely even reported in the news. No one else in the UK seems remotely concerned - apart from Leon, who is already having to deal with the fallout of his parents’ separation, and adjust to his new home in England.
Then the disease begins to spread, reaching towns and cities, killing anything that comes into contact with it within hours. People start to call it a plague, searching desperately for a cure whilst putting those affected into quarantine to try and contain it.
But this is no disease, virus or plague. There is no cure. And there is no way to contain it. As panic spreads as quickly as the thing that’s caused it, Leon finds himself on the run with his beloved little sister, Grace, desperate to find some way to survive. But how do you run from something that is evolving hourly and becoming more and more intelligent. So intelligent that it can mimic anything that it’s already killed…
This is the perfect novel for fans of The Walking Dead, 28 Days Later and Darren Shan’s Zom-B series.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Alex Scarrow
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
16th June 2016
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk