Sunny Side Up
Written by Holly Smale
Part of the Geek Girl Special Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In 3 words : Harriet hits Paris A treat for the summer holidays this special Geek Girl novella sees Harriet Manners in Paris for the Haute Couture shows no less. Being Harriet, she’s extensively researched Haute Couture, but it wasn’t her background knowledge that got her the job, rather stalking the auditions ‘unimpressed and severe, much like our headmistress just before an assembly on truancy’. That can’t last, and Harriet is soon doing Paris in the only way she can – totally herself. Smale’s writing is as sharp and funny as ever and fans will be excited to learn that a certain ex-boyfriend might also be in Paris.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the very first Geek Girl. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Zoe Crook - 'I couldn't stop reading this book. Yes, people, this is the type of book that will keep you up all night! Don't say you weren't warned!'
- Robin Johansson,age 14 and Hannah Janman, age 11 - 'Geek Girl is an amazing book for girls in particular, more of a teenage/issues drama than a child's book. I was so upset when I finished it, I really loved it!'
- Meaghan Lagan, age 14 - 'I really enjoyed this book because it had a total twist.'
- Laoise Tabi, age 14 - 'It was a very girly book, humorous and clever. Laugh out loud quality.'
- Kara, age 11 - 'After reading Geek Girl, I felt proud to be who I am because the book shows that you don't have to be like anyone else, you can just be yourself.'
- Stefanie Tucker, age 13 - 'The plot is fresh and I found myself inspired.'
- Alice D'Angelo, age 14 - 'From the first page, I loved Harriet Manners and her look on life.'
- Sezen Mehmet, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed reading Geek Girl. It was engaging and a fun ride of emotions and laughs.'
- Delilah Acworth, age 13 - 'I recommend this book to teenagers everywhere, it is a timeless classic that will be remembered forever, Read it!'
- Eloise Percy-Davis, age 12 - 'I love the zany and warm-hearted way that Holly Smale writes and I look forward to reading more of her work!'
- Izzy Read, age 12 - 'Most people can relate to this book, it covers so many aspects of a person’s life; struggling to fit in, finding out who you are and having problems with friendships.'
- Rachel Bourn, age 13 - 'This is the funniest book I’ve read in a long time. Harriet and her best (ONLY) friend Nat are two of the most entertaining characters I have come across.'
- Mia Cook age 11 - 'I would highly recommend Geek Girl to anyone who likes a good laugh and enjoys a one-of-a-kind story.'
- Safiyah Afghan - 'A perfect book for teenage girls who enjoy these clever books about ordinary teenagers who undergo radical changes, but stay true to themselve.'
- Carla Mc Guigan age 12 - 'This novel was a very interesting read and I really enjoyed reading it. I look forward to reading more of Holly Smale’s books.'
- Emily Clowes, 11 - 'Geek Girl is an amazing book. Harriet and her best friend, Nat are living in a world of fashion. Being clever doesn't always help you through your troubles and Harriet finds this out when she goes through her teen confusions. This book is filled with laughter and tears; it's a bit like being on a roller coaster and ending up at the end of a catwalk every time.
Sunny Side Up by Holly Smale
My name is Harriet Manners, and I am a geek. A brand new summer story from the no. 1 bestselling and award-winning GEEK GIRL series!
Harriet Manners knows many facts. And she knows everything there is to know about Paris...except what to do when you're the hottest new model at Fashion Week. Can Harriet find her je ne sais quoi or will it be sacre bleu! on the runway?
Find out in this hilarious summer special Geek Girl novella from the no. 1 bestselling author Holly Smale.
'Harriet's comical and cringeworthy misadventures in the world of fashion are guaranteed to get you laughing.' The Week Junior
'You can't fail to like Harriet. Parents in Touch
PRAISE FOR GEEK GIRL:
Loved GEEK GIRL. Wise, funny and true, with a proper nerd heroine you're laughing with as much as at. Almost. James Henry, writer of Smack the Pony and Green Wing
A feel-good satisfying gem that will have teens smiling from cover to cover, and walking a little taller after reading - Books for Keeps
I would highly recommend Geek Girl to anyone who likes a good laugh and enjoys a one-of-a-kind story. Mia, Guardian Children's Books website
About the Author
Interest Age: From 11
More books by Holly Smale
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
30th June 2016
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10