Timmy Failure Sanitized for Your Protection
Written by Stephan Pastis
Part of the Timmy Failure Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
‘To the best of my knowledge’, announces Timmy Failure at the start of this book, in a chapter called Let’s Do the Timmy Warp Again, ‘everyone on earth has now read the prior three volumes about my life.’ That’s one of the things about Timmy: he’s very confident. He certainly believes he’s a clever detective and, with his associate Total the polar bear, sets out to solve a case of missing money in this new adventure. Timmy’s sleuthing, and views on the world around him, are as funny as ever. Stephan Pastis’s stories are full of quirky humour and Timmy is an irresistible central character. There’s stuff going on with his long-suffering mum in this story too, and their relationship is another one of the pleasures of the books. ~ Andrea Reece
One of our Books of the Year 2015
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 7 - 'Very funny book about a young detective. Made me laugh out loud.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Without doubt the funniest of Timmy’s memoirs yet. I’ve read it again and again and it makes me chuckle every time. This book even makes my dad chortle!'
- Edward Macklin, age 9 - 'My personal favourite.'
- Tom Greenan, age 9 - 'Once you start reading it you can’t stop!'
- Beth Urquhart - 'I like the funny story line and how it's about a mystery but it is not actually a mystery!'
- Dylan Sweet - 'I like the funny story line and how it's about a mystery but it is not actually a mystery! (Trying not to give the plot away) It is a hilarious book and it hooked me immediately so that I couldn't put it down.'
- Henry Smith - 'The kind of book that makes you laugh your head off and then put it back on to read it again. Extremely funny and well written.'
- Iulia Motoc, age 8 - 'The book is very good, especially because I like bears and there is a Polar bear in the book and I enjoy watching detective movies.'
- Beatrice Whithear, age 8 - 'Timmy Failure the detective is trying to find Corrina Corrina and has a whole big adventure on the way.'
- Romilly Dally-Fitzsimons, age 8 - 'This book is very enjoyable and is very funny.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'Timmy is back in his fourth adventure. He is a famous detective and has a Polar Bear as a partner! As you can probably tell already, this is a crazy book. One of my favourite characters EVER!'
- Alexander Bisland, age 10 - 'The series is funny and I recommend this book to 7+readers who like funny stories. If you like Tom Gates or Wimpy Kid, the Timmy Failure books are for you! :)'
- Georgie Docwra, age 10 - 'Such a hilariously funny book!!'
- Stephanie Chaplin - 'I loved this book because it was funny, adventurous and full of detectives work. I recommend this book for people 8+ and like adventures.'
- Noah Hall, age 9 - 'A very funny piece of writing with hilarious main characters.'
- Lucas Evans, age 10 - 'The book is a bit tricky to get into at first but it does get easier when you go back on yourself a couple of times, you then understand it and after that the book is great.'
- Isaac East, age 9 - '10 out of 10 for everyone on Timmy Failures journey to Chicago and back.'
- Cameron Lobban, age 10 - 'Funny and hilarious it will make you laugh out loud! I would recommend for boys who have read all the Diary of Wimpy Kids and are looking for something else to read.'
- Adam Goodman, age 12 - 'A funny and exciting book that was a quick read. I found it hard to put down. I would recommend for ages 7+.'
Timmy Failure Sanitized for Your Protection by Stephan Pastis
Timmy Failure is back in award-winning author Stephan Pastis's fourth book in the New York Times bestselling series, perfect for fans of Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates. Shenanigans abound as Timmy Failure finds himself on a road trip with none other than notorious criminal Molly Moskins. Travelling halfway across the country to help your mother's boyfriend settle into his new job would be inconvenient for any detective, let alone the founder, president and CEO of Total Failure Inc, the world's greatest detective agency. Timmy has a case to solve, and nothing can stand in his way.
For lots of fun downloads, games & activities visit www.timmyfailure.com
And Timmy Failure is now on Poptropica© - a games website that is popular with children around the world!
There are five books in this series -
Without doubt the funniest of Timmy's memoirs yet. I've read it again and again and it makes me chuckle every time. This book even makes my dad chortle! Sam, age 11, Lovereading4Kids.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Stephan Pastis
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th July 2016
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman