Girl Online: On Tour
Written by Zoe Sugg
Part of the Girl Online Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The things that have made Zoe Suggs’s lifestyle vlog such a phenomenon with teenagers are exactly the things that will make her new novel such a hit with them. In On Tour her central character Penny, just post-GCSEs, is off on the road with her rock star boyfriend though still worrying about what people think of her, and stressing about what to do next in her life. Addressing the reader direct in first person present tense, or via blog entries, Penny describes a world we’d all like to inhabit, with close friends, an understanding family and supportive teachers; she’s refreshingly honest about her own lack of confidence and anxiety attacks; and puts a reassuring emphasis on the importance of being true to yourself. Suggs’s character might be Cinderella in a fantasy world, but she’s a Cinderella who understands just how you feel and talks as though you’re her closest friend. ~ Andrea Reece
Amy McCulloch, editorial director of Penguin Children’s, says ‘Working with Zoe on Girl Online: On Tour has been an absolute pleasure and I'm so proud to see how much she's grown as a writer. We can't wait for readers to find out what happens to Noah and Penny!’
- Elle Cogan, age 11 - 'I loved this book, and couldn't stop reading it once I started. A reality story about things that happen to every teenage girl- embarrassing moments and crushes- and meeting your perfect guy.'
- Rebekah, age 12 - 'This book is about a girl who goes online, starts a blog.she meets a boy of her dreams, Noah, but Noah has a secret too. Read this book if you have a crazy family too!'
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 11 - 'I really enjoyed this book and was sad when it ended. I think it's suitable for girls over the age of 11. I would rate it 10/10 and would highly recommend it.'
- Brooke, age 11 - 'I really like it I couldn't stop reading it.'
- Jemma Rubens, age 11 - 'Awesome Book!!!'
- Maddy Faulkner, age 12 - 'The story line is fantastic...I can honestly say that this is one of the best books I have ever read, and I have read a lot of books.'
- Abeni Morris Heather (11) & Nabilah Yasmin (12) - Year 7s Heartlands High School - 'Girl Online is a brilliant book.'
- Daisy Theobald, age 12 - 'This book was amazing it is now my favourite book of all time...By the time I had finished reading the book I was so sad to be saying goodbye to my new friends.'
- Amie Coffman, age 10 - I found the story funny and exciting to read but a bit sad in places.... I would love to read more from Zoe Sugg so hope this is not her last novel!'
- Mia Thurston-Mathews, age 11 - 'I really loved this book because of the blogs, friendship and love. It makes the reader always want to turn the page. I love how the scene is set from Brighton to New York.'
- Freya Hudson, age 12 - 'A good read, dealing with falling in love, friendships, and realising that it is good to be yourself without having to pretend, for someone to like you.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'I did not really enjoy this book, but I can see why some might, especially those who are a little bit older.'
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Girl Online: On Tour by Zoe Sugg
The sequel to the number-one best-seller Girl Online. Girl Online: On Tour picks up six months after the events of Girl Online.
Penny joins her rock-star boyfriend, Noah, on his European music tour. Penny's bags are packed. When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend. But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot...and her blog, Girl Online.
Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in pursuit of the perfect summer?
Zoe’s novel-writing journey began in 2014, with the publication of her debut novel, Girl Online. With her first novel under her belt, she has now been able to work more independently on her second novel, which she has written herself with the ongoing close support of her Penguin Random House editor, Amy Alward. Amy frequently appears in her vlogs as they work on the novel together.
Zoe comments: ‘I have absolutely loved working with Amy. She’s taught me so much about the writing process and how to develop my writing skills so having her helping me with that has been lovely. I’ve really
enjoyed writing Girl Online: On Tour. I especially loved developing the characters further, adding new characters and furthering the plot and the storyline. It’s been a really exciting and fulfilling process and I really hope that you love it as much as I do!’
For all the lastest news about Girl Online visit girlonlinebooks.com
[The] big sister no teen should be without The Telegraph
Gorgeous and well-written Giovanna Fletcher, author of Billy & Me
A compelling and satisfying coming-of-age tale in the digital age Booklist
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Zoe Sugg
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
14th July 2016
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12