Dotty Detective and the Great Pawprint Puzzle
Written by Clara Vulliamy
Illustrated by Clara Vulliamy
Part of the Dotty Detective Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Julia Eccleshare's Book of the Month August 2016 Dot loves a good mystery! So, when she hears noises in the night she just has to find out what is causing them. Dot is sure there must be a ghost but she also knows the first rule of solving a mystery is to get proof. But how can she do that when the culprit is invisible? Luckily she has Top Dog McClusky and her best-friend Beans on hand to help her. What will they uncover? An engagingly bouncy story wittily told in words and pictures.~ Julia Eccleshare
Publisher, Ruth Alltimes says: “Dot is destined to be the new ‘book-best-friend’ of young girls everywhere; she is impishly funny, aspirational and so full of curiosity that girl readers will be drawn into her world of mini mysteries! Clara Vulliamy's signature stylish, witty artwork creates an irresistible young fiction package.”
Julia Eccleshare's Picks of the Month for August 2016
- Serena Mazin, age 8 - 'It is a super book about solving mysteries. It is a quick read with fun sketches of Dot and of course her faithful friend a dog called McCluskey.'
- Evie Meredith, age 6 - 'I would give this 10/10! The book is about a girl called Dotty and she moves house and find things are missing.'
- Bethany McNeil, age 8 - 'Dotty Detective was a great book. I liked how the words were written in different styles and how the pictures were created...It's an amazing book to read!'
- Aminah Kauser, age 10 - 'A quick and easy read that I enjoyed so much.'
- Mia Schader, age 9 - 'If you like solving crimes and being a detective you will love this book, it’s funny too!'
- Cassandra Butler, age 6 - 'This book was amazing and I really enjoyed it. Dotty has just moved and has to start at a new school as the new kid, but makes friends with Ben (Beans) and they become detectives!'
- Sophie Bridges, age 13 - 'I think Dotty Detective by Clara Vulliamy is a good book, with a good story line. However, being 13 years old I think the book is a bit young for my age.'
- Aarav Mehta, age 7 - 'It's funny, it's mysterious and you will be puzzled for a long time.'
- Ruby Laverty, age 6 - 'It was good!! I liked how Dot solved the mystery.'
- Daniel Bisland, age 8 - 'I recommend it to 6-7+ good readers who like to solve mysteries!'
- Martha Cox, age 7 - 'A fun story about being a detective!'
- Abi Zinkin, age 6 - 'This was a really lovely story about a girl who thinks she can be a detective, but she's also starting a new school after moving house, and she's making new friends, but it's not sad at all, just fun.'
- Lauren Evans, age 10 - 'it is a quick and easy book which I would recommend to ages 5+...I loved it!'
- Elliot Bateman, age 8 - 'The book is good for boys and girls...Dotty is fun, friendly and funny and I really liked her.'
Dotty Detective and the Great Pawprint Puzzle by Clara Vulliamy
Dot, her best pal Beans and TOP DOG McClusky are back on the case in a brand-new story! When Dot starts hearing strange noises at night she's convinced there must be something SPOOKY afoot. But before they can prove there's a ghost on the loose, Dot and Beans have to follow Ace Detective Fred Fantastic's golden rule: GET PROOF. Easier said than done when the suspect appears to be invisible! It's time to FOLLOW THAT HUNCH!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Clara Vulliamy
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
28th July 2016
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham