All About the Hype
Written by Paige Toon
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a Nutshell: Gigs • Glitz• Grown-up glitches Super-cool summer escapism with heaps of heat, heart and Hollywood glamour, this third Jessie Jefferson novel is the most satisfying yet.
Having recently discovered that her dad is none other than global rockstar Johnny Jefferson, Jessie is settling in LA with Johnny and his new family. On her sixteenth birthday, Johnny springs an awesome surprise. He’s flown her loved ones over from the UK, including stepdad Stu and ex-boyfriend Tom, from whom she split after snogging Jack, the hot guitarist in the up-and-coming band she’s joined. After a day at Disneyland, the evening brings another surprise; Jesse’s LA friends and All Hype bandmates have laid on a party in her dad’s mansion in the Hollywood hills. But, unsurprisingly, these well-meaning distractions do little to take Jessie’s mind off the fact that her mum died in a tragic freak accident on this very same day, just one year ago.
Though she’s sad to see Stu and her friends leave, Jessie has more than enough to occupy her time, like settling into her new celebrity-filled high school, band rehearsals, music lessons, learning to drive, doing magazine interviews, and Jack. But Mulholland Drive is a million miles from her Maidenhead hometown; it’s not easy keeping your feet on the ground when you’re reaching for the stars, and it looks like everything might spiral out of control when Johnny’s poisonous ex-girlfriend exacts her malicious revenge at post-gig party.
Jessie’s newly-glamorous lifestyle (hanging out with celebs at extravagant parties, being papped while shopping for super-expensive clothes) make this an exceptional escapist treat, but the author doesn't shirk from exploring the flipsides of fame. As a result, Jessie’s journey to stay grounded and true to herself within the weird LA bubble of bright lights and big names resonates beyond her personal circumstances. ~ Joanne Owen
Teens love to read and a small number of the Lovereading4kids reader review panel were lucky enough read and review The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson, the first in this series.
- Lola Bridgeman, age 17 - 'Big, big fans of Jessie Jefferson, this is the perfect teen summer read and does not disappoint! Witty, pacy, and moving I loved it!' Read full review >
- Charlotte Crisp, age 13 - 'I loved the book, from beginning to end. I couldn't stop reading it. The story was great and it slowly pulled me in. I'm really glad I got to read it.' Read full review >
- Rosa Boran, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. I found it really interesting and exciting. I had it finished quickly as i couldn't put it down.' Read full review >
- Delilah Acworth, age 14 - 'I will be waiting with bated breath for the next instalment...I loved it and I hope Paige Toon writes many more like it.' Read full review >
- Danielle Shepherd, age 17 - 'I literally read this novel in one sitting. It took me a couple of pages to get into it and to start liking Jessie, but as soon as she was in LA, I was definitely hooked.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'I loved this book and highly recommend it. It was exciting and there was so much going on I couldn't put it down!' Read full review >
- Tahmin Ali, aged 13 - 'This was a really interesting book to read and I can’t wait for the sequel!' Read full review >
- Sarah, age 15 - 'This is the perfect lighthearted beach book. I loved it. 5 out of 5.' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson, age 12 - 'Wow! what a fantastic book, couldn't put it down! Perfect holiday book, I devoured it in two days! Jessie Jefferson is my new heroine...' Read full review >
- Hannah Glenton - 'The novel ended in a way that made a sequel inevitable… Bring on Spring 2015! In the meantime I’ll be catching up on the rest of Paige Toon’s undoubtedly impressive novels!' Read full review >
- Victoria Sharman - 'I enjoyed the easy to read, no nonsense, no guns, no violence, no sex chick lit book.. made me feel 16 again.' Read full review >
All About the Hype by Paige Toon
The third super hot, super fun Jessie Jefferson novel from internationally bestselling author, Paige Toon. Is the life of a famous rockstar's daughter all it's cracked up to be? And what about dating your fellow band-member just as you hit the bigtime? Jessie is still getting used to being a celebrity, and the daughter of one of the world's biggest rock stars. With her own music career on the rise, a gorgeous love interest and a fun group of friends, it seems Jessie's glamorous LA life couldn't get any better ...but things are about to get really complicated.
A page-turner perfect for holidays. Closer Magazine
Has you hooked from the very beginning. The plot is a great pace and features so many twists and turns. LoubeeLou Blogs
I loved her writing style and I read the whole book within 2 days or so...I definitely recommend this series to teenage girls. Emily Underworld Blog
What's it all about? In a sentence: Sunshine, rock gods and Hollywood heart-throbs! Swoon ... has the reader gripped from the beginning The Girl in Glasses Blog
Fun and flirty, Jessie Jefferson is a top notch series YA fans should grab ASAP. Maximum Pop Packed with wit, charm, Californian sunshine and celebrities. Handwritten Girl
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Paige Toon
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
28th July 2016
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10