The Genie's Curse
Written by Tom Percival
Part of the Little Legends Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Spells and enchantments of all kinds are flying around in the latest instalment of Tom Percival’s sparky series Little Legends, which cleverly creates new adventures for favourite fairy-tale characters. Rapunzel finds herself in trouble when she accidentally upsets a genie, then makes matters worse by blaming her friend Ella. In fact it’s Ella who helps her sort things out, resulting in Rapunzel realising just how selfish she’s been, and that maybe there’s more to life than having lovely hair. There’s lots for young readers to enjoy in this series and the short chapters, frequent illustrations and lively storylines will keep the pages turning. Great fun! ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Little Legends series, The Spell Thief. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Daniel Bisland age 8 - 'I like this book because it’s got characters from other stories. I recommend it to 7+ good readers. I give it 10,000/10,000!'
- Buddug Griffith, age 8 - 'Really enjoyed reading it. Great story, lots of good characters and can't wait to read the next one! 5 out of 5 stars!'
- Freddie, age 8 - 'An unexpected, exciting adventure story for people who enjoy fairytales...A real page turner!!!'
- Stefanie Reay, age 8 - 'Very funny adventures with very familiar characters.'
- Agnes Rose Daniels, age 5 - 'Betsy the chicken was very funny and I thought that Jack was brave when he went into the woods...This is the first book that I have ever read on my own.'
- Toby, age 8 - 'This is a story about a boy called Jack and his hen, Betsy. There's a new boy in town and Jack has his doubts. Jack is determined to get to the bottom of it.'
- Tom Henderson, age 6 (nearly 7) - 'I kind of enjoyed Little Legends: The Spell Thief. I liked Jack because he was sneaky.'
- Emily Yates, age 9 - 'This is a brilliant read for children beginning to read chapter books. There is lots of magic in the story which means you never know what's coming next!'
- Cassandra Butler, age 6 - 'I could read this book all on my own as the chapters are not too long, but I read it out loud to Mummy mostly. I liked the drawings in the book too.'
- Emma and Sam Radford, age 5 - 'We loved it! This is the first 'long' book that I have read with Sam and he was excited every night to read the next chapter.'
- Andrew Goodall, age 7 - 'This is a great book because it's an exciting adventure when you learn to understand to accept people for what they are and to tell the truth.'
- Evan Lewis, age 9 - 'This book was exciting, it was very adventurous. My favourite character was probably, jack because he was very stubborn but VERY funny and kind. I would recommend this book to children over 5.'
- Maya Lewis, age 7 - 'I like this book because there are lots of amusing parts. My favourite character is Lily because she is kind and honest.'
- Darcey McIlroy, age 8 - 'I loved the whole book especially the part where Lily's hair went crazy! This was the best book I have ever read.'
- Grace Porter, age 7 - 'I thought this book was really good. I would give this book 10/10 stars!'
- Oscar Smith, age 8 - 'A good read for 6-8yr old adventure lovers.'
- Anissa El-Asmar, age 7 - 'I couldn't put this book down it was so good.'
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
The Genie's Curse by Tom Percival
For Rapunzel, being a princess has been nothing but fun. But everything goes wrong when she breaks a magical urn and blames it on her new friend, Ella. It turns out that the urn was home to a very cross (and now very homeless) hermit genie, who casts a spell making everyone blame Rapunzel for everything that goes wrong in Tale Town! With the help of her friends and a mysterious green monkey called Alphege, can Rapunzel 'undo what she has done' and lift the curse?
A brilliant new highly illustrated series featuring all the fairy-tale characters you know and love having brand-new adventures!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Tom Percival
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
28th July 2016
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale