The Hunting of the Princes
Written by Peter F. Hamilton
Part of the The Queen of Dreams Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: magic mystery surprising discovery
Best-selling author Peter F. Hamilton continues the adventure that began in such thrilling style in The Secret Throne with an equally exciting and skilfully constructed new episode. Having rescued their father from a magical kingdom, and discovered in the process that they are magical royalty themselves, there’s no rest for sisters Taggie and Jemima. Indeed, the book opens with a hair-raising assassination attempt on Taggie that she thwarts only by using all her special powers. She is not the only royal heir to have been attacked and as they endeavour to find out what is going on, there are more narrow escapes for the girls, and some surprising discoveries. Readers will be eager to return to the First Realm with Taggie and her friends for more inventive, original fantasy adventure.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the The Queen of Dreams series, The Secret Throne. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Charnay Mole, age 10 - 'Alice in Wonderland meets Narnia in this very original, magical story.Travel with the two sisters as they explore a new world.'
- Chloe, age 11 - 'This is an amazing adventurous fantasy story that kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put this book down as I needed to find out what would happen next as I travelled to the first realm.'
- Susan Wilsher - 'With many twists and turns, the book is well plotted and pacey. There is plenty to keep you reading and wanting to know what’s going to happen next. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.'
- Anastasia, Age 10 - '‘Queen of dreams’ was a superb book – full of suspense and such a page turner. I am eagerly waiting for the next amazing book from Peter F. Hamilton.'
- Hannah, Age 9 - 'The secret throne is an unusual fantasy/adventure story about two girls whose dad gets kidnapped by strange creatures. Boys and brave girls aged 9+ will love this book. I give it four stars.'
- Abbie Wade, Age 11 - 'This book was great, especially for older children who like adventure and mystery.'
- Tyler and Sathana, Year 5, Baring Primary - 'This is one of the most intriguing books we have read – so clever -brilliant and thought-provoking.'
- Georgie Docwra, Age 10 - 'A magical book full of adventure and mystery! I loved the ending and can't wait to read book two in the trilogy.'
- Isabelle Preston, Age 10 - 'I loved this book. It's in my Top 5 best books (and I read a LOT). It's so crazy and cool.'
- Sam Harper, Age 11 - 'I loved this book. It’s a really exciting, well-written fantasy which kept me on the edge of my seat and left me longing for the next in the series. Brilliant!'
- Louise Hopkins - 'The story is really gripping.'
- Cora Willans - 'One of the best books I have ever read.'
- Daniel and Vishva, age 10 - 'A lovely mystical story about 2 girls and their kidnapped father who they go to rescue in a mysterious new realm. They discover they are princesses and their father should be king.'
- Katie, age 9 - 'The secret throne is hilarious, breath-taking, exciting and thrilling story that makes you want to read on. It's Fantastic because it's so easy to read and you don't want to put it down.'
- Bethany - 'Over all it was an excellent read.'
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
The Hunting of the Princes by Peter F. Hamilton
The Hunting of the Princes is the second title in the Queen of Dreams trilogy. Featuring black and white illustrations, this fantastic series from the UK's best-selling sci-fi author, Peter F. Hamilton is a future classic in the making.
It had been a big year for Taggie Paganuzzi. From learning that she was actually the Queen-to-be of a magical realm, to learning to use magic, to fighting for her life against the King of Night, there had been a lot of 'firsts'. And when someone tried to assassinate her as she was cycling home from the local pool in Stamford, England. Well, that was a first too. It turns out that someone has been killing royal heirs throughout the magical kingdoms, and every leader from every realm believes the King of Night's army, the Karraks, are responsible. War seems inevitable ...and yet Taggie has just discovered two very interesting facts. Firstly, that the Karraks come from a cold, dark universe, and they cannot abide warmth and light. And secondly, that there was once a gate to this universe ...now lost in the mists of time. But where do you begin to look for a gate which was deliberately hidden centuries ago? To find out, Taggie must rescue the one Karrak Lord who also hopes for peace. Who happens to be imprisoned in an impenetrable fortress ...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Peter F. Hamilton
More books by Peter F. Hamilton
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
28th July 2016
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods