The Dragonsitter: Trick or Treat?
Written by Josh Lacey
Illustrated by Garry Parsons
Part of the The Dragonsitter Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: dragons Halloween and a visit from Granny | Josh Lacey’s Dragonsitter stories are little masterpieces of comic storytelling. In each one, the action is revealed via emails between young Edward Smith-Pickles and his uncle Morton, owner of a family of dragons, with Garry Parsons’s illustrations of the photos and selfies sent as attachments adding further detail. Eddie’s matter-of-fact reports form a wonderful contrast with the evident disruption caused by the dragons, particularly when he mentions how the adults involved are reacting. In this adventure Eddie borrows the dragons to boost his chances in a Hallowe’en costume competition, but disaster occurs when the dragons find the Trick or Treat goodies. Apparently simple and very pick-up-able, these are sophisticated little adventures, and very good indeed. ~ Andrea Reece
- Aarav Mehta, age 5 - 'This book is very fantastic as you imagine the story in your own way.'
- James Wood, age 6 - 'This book is an unusual style compared to most other books I've read. It's written as e-mails between the boy in the story Eddie and his Uncle Morton. It is a good adventure story and quite funny.'
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'I liked this book a lot as the dragons were nice (they are usually horrid).'
- Harry Gray, age 6 - 'The email exchange format was novel and introduced a new range of language. Overall a very humorous and enjoyable book with great pace and characters.'
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'The Dragonsitter's Island is a really funny book. Eddie is asked to look after his uncle's dragon on a special Island with a tiny town on it.'
- Milind Kowsik, age 7 - 'This book is so funny, I am going to read all other books in this series.'
- Daisy Sellers, age 9 - 'This book was very interesting because it had myths and legends in it...It was well illustrated and easy to read.'
The Dragonsitter: Trick or Treat? by Josh Lacey
On Halloween the night is full of strange creatures: witches, vampires, ghosts - and dragons. In their seventh adventure Eddie and Emily take their uncle's pet dragons trick or treating. But the dragons have quite the sweet tooth, and it's not long before things go ghoulishly wrong...
Praise for the Dragonsitter Series
'Short, sharp and funny' - Telegraph
'Ideal for young or reluctant readers and belly-busting laughter for all the family' - We Love This Book
'Will entertain any child of 7+' - The Times
'Every story will delight' - Lovereading
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Josh Lacey
Andersen Press Ltd
1st September 2016
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils