The Magic Looking Glass
Written by Tom Percival
Part of the Little Legends Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Hansel and Gretel, The Three Bears, Jack the Giant Killer and many more favourite characters are all jumbled together in this roller coaster adventure stuffed full of goodies and baddies. The Story Tree in Tale Town can only be trimmed with magical shears. When the shears fall into the wrong hands all kinds of trouble begins. Young readers will enjoy spotting the confusions about fairy tale characters they love.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Little Legends series, The Spell Thief. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Daniel Bisland age 8 - 'I like this book because it’s got characters from other stories. I recommend it to 7+ good readers. I give it 10,000/10,000!'
- Buddug Griffith, age 8 - 'Really enjoyed reading it. Great story, lots of good characters and can't wait to read the next one! 5 out of 5 stars!'
- Freddie, age 8 - 'An unexpected, exciting adventure story for people who enjoy fairytales...A real page turner!!!'
- Stefanie Reay, age 8 - 'Very funny adventures with very familiar characters.'
- Agnes Rose Daniels, age 5 - 'Betsy the chicken was very funny and I thought that Jack was brave when he went into the woods...This is the first book that I have ever read on my own.'
- Toby, age 8 - 'This is a story about a boy called Jack and his hen, Betsy. There's a new boy in town and Jack has his doubts. Jack is determined to get to the bottom of it.'
- Tom Henderson, age 6 (nearly 7) - 'I kind of enjoyed Little Legends: The Spell Thief. I liked Jack because he was sneaky.'
- Emily Yates, age 9 - 'This is a brilliant read for children beginning to read chapter books. There is lots of magic in the story which means you never know what's coming next!'
- Cassandra Butler, age 6 - 'I could read this book all on my own as the chapters are not too long, but I read it out loud to Mummy mostly. I liked the drawings in the book too.'
- Emma and Sam Radford, age 5 - 'We loved it! This is the first 'long' book that I have read with Sam and he was excited every night to read the next chapter.'
- Andrew Goodall, age 7 - 'This is a great book because it's an exciting adventure when you learn to understand to accept people for what they are and to tell the truth.'
- Evan Lewis, age 9 - 'This book was exciting, it was very adventurous. My favourite character was probably, jack because he was very stubborn but VERY funny and kind. I would recommend this book to children over 5.'
- Maya Lewis, age 7 - 'I like this book because there are lots of amusing parts. My favourite character is Lily because she is kind and honest.'
- Darcey McIlroy, age 8 - 'I loved the whole book especially the part where Lily's hair went crazy! This was the best book I have ever read.'
- Grace Porter, age 7 - 'I thought this book was really good. I would give this book 10/10 stars!'
- Oscar Smith, age 8 - 'A good read for 6-8yr old adventure lovers.'
- Anissa El-Asmar, age 7 - 'I couldn't put this book down it was so good.'
The Magic Looking Glass by Tom Percival
There's been a robbery in Tale Town! Someone has stolen a cutting from the magical Story Tree, and it's up to twins Hansel and Gretel to get it back. With the help of their new friend Wolfie, a not very big or very bad wolf, they discover a secret fortress in the forest, containing a Magic Looking Glass that promises to help them. But things are not always what they seem, especially when the Magic Looking Glass starts causing trouble!
Can Wolfie and the twins find the Story Tree cutting and save the day, or will the Magic Looking Glass have the last laugh?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Tom Percival
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
8th September 2016
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale