The Magic Looking Glass
Written by Tom Percival
Part of the Little Legends Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Hansel and Gretel, The Three Bears, Jack the Giant Killer and many more favourite characters are all jumbled together in this roller coaster adventure stuffed full of goodies and baddies. The Story Tree in Tale Town can only be trimmed with magical shears. When the shears fall into the wrong hands all kinds of trouble begins. Young readers will enjoy spotting the confusions about fairy tale characters they love.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Little Legends series, The Spell Thief. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Daniel Bisland age 8 - 'I like this book because it’s got characters from other stories. I recommend it to 7+ good readers. I give it 10,000/10,000!'
- Buddug Griffith, age 8 - 'Really enjoyed reading it. Great story, lots of good characters and can't wait to read the next one! 5 out of 5 stars!'
- Freddie, age 8 - 'An unexpected, exciting adventure story for people who enjoy fairytales...A real page turner!!!'
- Stefanie Reay, age 8 - 'Very funny adventures with very familiar characters.'
- Agnes Rose Daniels, age 5 - 'Betsy the chicken was very funny and I thought that Jack was brave when he went into the woods...This is the first book that I have ever read on my own.'
- Toby, age 8 - 'This is a story about a boy called Jack and his hen, Betsy. There's a new boy in town and Jack has his doubts. Jack is determined to get to the bottom of it.'
- Tom Henderson, age 6 (nearly 7) - 'I kind of enjoyed Little Legends: The Spell Thief. I liked Jack because he was sneaky.'
- Emily Yates, age 9 - 'This is a brilliant read for children beginning to read chapter books. There is lots of magic in the story which means you never know what's coming next!'
- Cassandra Butler, age 6 - 'I could read this book all on my own as the chapters are not too long, but I read it out loud to Mummy mostly. I liked the drawings in the book too.'
- Emma and Sam Radford, age 5 - 'We loved it! This is the first 'long' book that I have read with Sam and he was excited every night to read the next chapter.'
- Andrew Goodall, age 7 - 'This is a great book because it's an exciting adventure when you learn to understand to accept people for what they are and to tell the truth.'
- Evan Lewis, age 9 - 'This book was exciting, it was very adventurous. My favourite character was probably, jack because he was very stubborn but VERY funny and kind. I would recommend this book to children over 5.'
- Maya Lewis, age 7 - 'I like this book because there are lots of amusing parts. My favourite character is Lily because she is kind and honest.'
- Darcey McIlroy, age 8 - 'I loved the whole book especially the part where Lily's hair went crazy! This was the best book I have ever read.'
- Grace Porter, age 7 - 'I thought this book was really good. I would give this book 10/10 stars!'
- Oscar Smith, age 8 - 'A good read for 6-8yr old adventure lovers.'
- Anissa El-Asmar, age 7 - 'I couldn't put this book down it was so good.'
Win a Limited Edition copy of The Smartest Giant in Town!
The Smartest Giant in Town, a modern classic by the uber-talented team of Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, is celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To mark this occasion we will be giving away FIVE copies of this limited edition storybook. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 6 February 2017. The winners will be notified by 20 February 2017.
The Magic Looking Glass by Tom Percival
There's been a robbery in Tale Town! Someone has stolen a cutting from the magical Story Tree, and it's up to twins Hansel and Gretel to get it back. With the help of their new friend Wolfie, a not very big or very bad wolf, they discover a secret fortress in the forest, containing a Magic Looking Glass that promises to help them. But things are not always what they seem, especially when the Magic Looking Glass starts causing trouble!
Can Wolfie and the twins find the Story Tree cutting and save the day, or will the Magic Looking Glass have the last laugh?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Tom Percival
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
8th September 2016
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham