This edition of this book has not yet been published
It's due on 2016-10-25. If you can't wait until then, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
The Road to Ever After
Written by Moira Young
Lovereading4kids Price £7.19
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
As soon as this book is published we will send you an email.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: angels escape love (or how to live a wonderful life)
Moira Young puts her own spin on the Christmas film classic It’s a Wonderful Life in this delightful story of friendship and redemption. Young Davy David is an orphan living in a den near the graveyard in a dead-end town. Despite the hardships of his life, he’s cheerful, kind and generous. He likes to draw angels in the sand, inspired by the pictures in his favourite book in the town’s library. It’s because of his poverty, kindness and closeness to angels that he ends up driving the elderly Miss Flint to her old home to die. Just as in the film, an angel intervenes in their journey to help Davy and Lizzy Flint find what they need. Miraculous, without straining credulity, heart-warming without ever being sentimental, this comic adventure story is its own kind of wonderful. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Toby Little, age 8 - 'I think this book is about making the best of the time you have to live. You'll like this book if you like stories that make you think!
- Evie Aconley, age 9 - 'This book is a must read - I would love to read more.'
- Bryher Humphryes, age 12 - 'The Road To Ever After by Moira Young is an amazing book with a great fast-paced story.'
- Amina - 'I absolutely loved this book it was amazing, intriguing, everything you want from a book.'
- Maya Watson - 'I really loved this story of three very different but lonely characters who go on a magical and unforgettable journey together.'
- Anya Fuller, age 9 - 'Step into a world of adventure, magic and friendship. I loved this book, once you have read it you will remember it forever.'
- Jack Smith - 'The Road to Ever After had its good bits and its bad bits. I felt that the beginning and end kept you intrigued but the middle dragged out.'
- Henry Plummer, age 11 - 'Brownvale is full of renaissance angel pictures, and it’s David Davy who's the artist. He befriends an old lady but she isn't quite what she seems.'
- Rosie Watch - '...once Davy met Miss Flint I was enthralled. I loved their developing friendship and the significance of the wind.'
- Ellen Cox, age 9 - 'An amazingly exciting story of a boy and a woman. This book was full of mystery.'
- Tom Greenan - age 11 - 'A strange book where lots of weird things happen...I’m sure lots of other people will enjoy the story but it wasn’t for me.'
- Ruth Ward, Library & Resources Manager, Great Torrington School - 'Beautifully written, with The Road to Ever After Moira Young continues her memorable flourish of story-telling.'
The Road to Ever After by Moira Young
Davy David, an orphan, lives by his wits in the dead-end town of Brownvale. When a stray dog called George turns Davy's life upside down just days before Christmas, he sets in motion a chain of events which forces them to flee. A mischievous wind blows the two of them to a boarded-up museum on the outskirts of town where they meet the elderly recluse, Miss Flint. She has planned one last adventure before her time is up and hires the reluctant Davy and George to escort her.
A magical adventure about an unlikely friendship and an unforgettable journey.
The Road to Ever After is Moira Young’s first novel for younger readers and has all the hallmarks of a timeless, classic adventure to be enjoyed by generations to come. With beautifully written prose and unforgettable characters, it is a thought-provoking exploration of the importance of death, life - and everything that happens in between.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 10
More books by Moira Young
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
25th October 2016
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12