...And a Happy New Year?
Written by Holly Bourne
Part of the The Spinster Club Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Same bench. Same view. Same girls. And yet totally different girls. Evie, Amber and Lottie are having a New Year party to remember! For the first time since leaving college, all three girls are back together. It’s time for fun and flirting, snogs and shots. (And not tears and tantrums and horrible secrets.) Because everything’s going right for these girls – Spinster Club for ever! Right?
Lovereading Review to follow.
- Izzy Read, age 15 - 'Holly Bourne is one of my most favourite authors out there- she writes brutally honest, funny and relatable novels that capture what being a teenager is like.'
- Humaira Kauser, age 17 - 'This books melts me. It’s so funny and sweet. Absolutely loved it! Holly Bourne truly is the Queen of YA!'
- Megan Chambers, age 14 - 'This book was absolutely amazing! I could not put it down. I loved how it showed the story of The Spinster Club from Amber's point of view.'
- Farah Alam - 'This book is a very easy read, filled with a great love story, and great character development. Really enjoyed this book and really interested in reading more by Holly Bourne.'
- Destiny Maraj, age 14 - 'From the very first page I fell in love with this novel. It was funny, full of drama and at times it was an emotional rollercoaster.'
- Edel Waugh - 'I could not put this book down, I wanted to hug Amber so often as her pain practically bled off the page.'
- Jodi Coffman, age 14 - 'This book was extremely funny, heartwarming and very relatable.'
- Alex McCalla, age 16 - 'Love this book. Such an amazing author producing an amazing book.'
...And a Happy New Year? by Holly Bourne
Spinster Club girls Evie, Amber and Lottie are reunited for the mother of all New Year's Eve parties. Having spent months apart since finishing college, they've got plenty to catch up on: how is Evie juggling a relationship with her OCD? Does Amber plan to spend more time with Kyle in America?
And where did Lottie end up? Get ready for some serious partying - and some major New Year's revelations - from everyone's favourite cheesy-snack-loving feminists.
“Finally, an author who GETS it.” – Emma Blackery, YouTuber
“Bourne’s books stand out in the word of young adult fiction.” – Emerald Street
“An involving look at feminism, friendship and the secrets we hide.” - The Observer on Am I Normal Yet?
About the Author
More books by Holly Bourne
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st November 2016
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High