Trouble Next Door
Written by Chris Higgins
Illustrated by Emily MacKenzie
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: new house, new friend, new adventures | There’s something fascinating about naughty children, and readers will be captivated by Magda, the co-star of Chris Higgins’s new book. Bella and her family are just moving into a new house in the country. It’s very different to their old home and for Bella the quiet and the pitch black nights will take some getting used to. She’s delighted to discover there’s a girl her own aged living next door and before long Magda and Bella are best friends. However, the things that make Magda so exciting – her non-stop ideas, daring and energy – tend to lead to trouble, particularly for Bella. Do the pros of being Magda’s friend outweigh the cons? This is a lively well-observed story of friendship and self-awareness that readers will completely understand.
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Amatullah Khatun, age 6 - 'What a delightful book! We really enjoyed reading this little gem. It had us in giggles...It was nice to see multicultural characters in this new book.'
- Connie Glover, age 7 - 'This book is funny and Magda is the best character. It's one of my favourite books now.'
- Sam Briggs, age 7 - 'I really like Trouble Next Door because it's funny, spooky, exciting and 'wicked'.'
- Becca Urquehart, age 7 - 'There is adventure in the book and they always have a way out of their problems.'
- Diya Budhdeo, age 7 - 'Teaches children not to lie, and this book shows what happens in everyday life....really good read.'
- Huxley Glen, age 6 - 'This was a very funny book to read with the characters having lots of adventures. The pictures made the story easy to follow.'
- Rob Anderson, age 7 - 'A gentle, humorous book for early readers.'
- James McNichol, age 6 - 'This little book sparked a lot of discussion in our house.'
- Charlie Dunn, age 9 - 'My brother and I liked this story - it's about playing together and having fun! I read this book to my brother who is six years old as I thought he might like it too.'
- Agnes Daniels, age 6 - 'What a fun book! I loved hearing about Magda and Bella. Magda was definitely my favourite, she's REALLY naughty!'
Win a Bear Hunt Goodie Bag!
The arrival of spring brings 2 new books based on the world of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury, especially to encourage your children to get out and about and explore the outdoors this Easter.
And we have copies of My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide to give away!
ONE LUCKY WINNER will get a copy of both My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide, a DVD of We're Going on a Bear Hunt animation, a poster, and a small cuddly bear. THREE RUNNERS-UP will receive a copy of each book as runner up prizes.
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Trouble Next Door by Chris Higgins
Bella has just moved into a new house. It's old and dark and she's sure there's a ghost in the attic! But things look up when she meets her new next-door neighbour Magda. Magda is lots of fun! She's bubbly and full of imagination and can even turn cartwheels! Soon they are best friends. But Magda is also trouble! She breaks Bella's mum's best tea set, wrecks Bella's room and covers the whole living room in soot. And somehow makes sure Bella gets the blame for everything. Bella is going to have watch out because there's Trouble Next Door!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Chris Higgins
Author's Facebook Latest
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
12th January 2017
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans