The 78-Storey Treehouse
Written by Andy Griffiths
Illustrated by Terry Denton
Part of the The Treehouse Books Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: surreal, kid-pleasing comic adventures set in an ever-growing treehouse | Andy and Terry’s treehouse keeps growing, to the delight of its army of devoted readers. It’s now 78 storeys high (new additions include an ALL-BALL sports stadium where you can play every ball sport in the world at the same time), and it’s about to be the subject of a movie. In fact the making of the movie is the subject of the story, and as you might expect things don’t run smoothly - Andy is upset when his role is given not to him but to Mel Gibbon, a gibbon! Oscars should go to both Andy and Terry for creating another tour de force of wacky invention and non-stop action, a mix of verbal and visual jokes that will once again have their readers rolling in the aisles.
For more irresistible, funny, highly illustrated reads for the under tens, try the Tom Gates series by Liz Pichon; Jim Smith’s Barry Loser books; the Timmy Failure series by Stephan Pastis; and Dav Pilkey’s Captain Underpants series. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Phoenix, age 9 - 'The 78 Storey Tree House is an amazing book full of adventure. This book has lots of unique characters.'
- Isaac East, age 11 - '10 out for 10 for the 78 storey tree-house and Andy Griffiths. This book is packed full of comedy, movie making and a little bit of action.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 11 - 'This series is one of my all-time favourites. Two boys, a treehouse and lots of cool things to do to occupy their time. Highly recommend this book to boys, especially those who don't enjoy reading.'
- Lauren Evans, age 10 - 'This was a quick and easy book to read, was one of those books that helps you to relax and fall asleep. I would recommend it to boys and girls.'
- Evie Aconley, age 10 - 'This book was interesting and funny and for those who like adventure. I would recommend this book to boys and girls of all ages.'
- Max Chilvers, age 10 - 'This book made me laugh out loud, because of the super silly story and the funny illustrations. I'd like to find out more about Andy and Terry's crazy adventures.'
- Alejandra Molina, age 8 - 'This book is funny but sad, as a friendship gets broken. I loved the illustrations and the spy cow!'
- Daniel Maxwell, age 11 - 'The 78-storey Treehouse is a good book for young children because it is a great story that children can easily read.'
- Lewis Briggs, age 10 - 'Funny, exciting, fantastic! The 78-Storey Treehouse is a comedy book with bags-full of laughter. Definitely a favourite of mine. My favourite part is when Andy accused Terry of stealing his chips.'
- Georgie Docwra, age 11 - 'This book has fantastic illustrations and was really, really funny!'
- Melissa Broomfield, age 10 - 'This is my first book by Andy Griffiths and now I want to read some of the other books because The 78-Storey Tree House was so funny, strange and exiting.'
- Daniel Bisland, age 9 - 'I recommend it to 8+. I give it 5*****. I really found it funny and liked the illustrations.'
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 9 - 'This book is the 6th in the series. It was great!'
- Elizabeth Bridgeman, age 9 - 'I really like this book. It’s about Andy saving Treehouse the Movie from spy cows.'
- Mia Goodman, age 10 - 'A hilarious Treehouse tale. The most jokey tale told. The best comic characters ever created. This book has everything. I would recommend this book to ages 6-11.'
- Emily Golding, age 9 - 'This book is brilliant! I laughed the whole way through!'
- Ellen Cox, age 10 - 'The best book ever! A very, very, very good story it is set out in a good way and I have been intrigued to read some more of Andy and Terry’s books.'
- Sam Harper, age 12 - 'Told in a mixture of cartoons and words, this book is really, really, really funny.'
- Sami Kayali, age 9 - 'This book has lots of fantastic and amazing adventures. It is very easy to read because there are a lots of great pictures. I can't wait for the next book.'
- Amina, age 10 - 'I absolutely loved this book full of imagination and drama. The challenge is to find a cow on every page...go ahead read it. Trust me you'll love it.'
- Ginebra Ramos, age 9 - 'I really recommend this book because it is so funny!'
The 78-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
The 78-Storey Treehouse is the sixth book in Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton's wacky treehouse adventures, where the laugh-out-loud story is told through a combination of text and fantastic cartoon-style illustrations.
Join Andy and Terry in their spectacular new 78-storey treehouse. They've added 13 new levels including a drive-thru car wash, a combining machine, a scribbletorium, an ALL-BALL sports stadium, Andyland, Terrytown, a high-security potato chip storage facility and an open-air movie theatre. Well, what are you waiting for? Come on up!
A potent mix of fantasy, nonsense, adventure and cartoons, this series is catnip to every eight-year-old who encounters it. The Bookseller
Packed with cartoons and craziness. Express
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Andy Griffiths
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
12th January 2017
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7