This edition of this book has not yet been published
It's due on 2017-04-06. If you can't wait until then, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
Lesser Spotted Animals
Written by Martin Brown
Illustrated by Martin Brown
Lovereading4kids Price £7.19
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
As soon as this book is published we will send you an email.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: not your average animal book | This is no ordinary animal book, you won’t find the usual suspects in its page, no tigers, pandas, bears here. Instead be prepared to be amazed by animals you’ve never heard of, from the Cuban solenodon (one of the few mammals with a poisonous bite) to the stinky but useful zorilla, aka Africa’s pongiest predator. Martin ‘Horrible Histories illustrator’ Brown celebrates a host of animals that deserve to be better know, in a book that offers a refreshingly different approach to natural history. Each page is packed with fascinating information, cleverly laid out with frequent jokes and cartoon asides adding to the fun. At the same time, there’s a serious message about the threat to these creatures from humans, and habitat loss. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Daniel Bisland, age 9 - 'I would like to read more books like this as this book has taught me a lot!this is the best non-fiction book I’ve ever read!'
- Lewis Briggs, age 10 - 'This non-fiction book is written in a really interesting, humorous way, suitable for children...it's just so fantastic, I couldn't put the book down!'
- Sue Wilsher - 'Martin Brown (well known for his Horrible Histories illustrations) has chosen a fascinaing selection of animals which you probably haven't heard of...the perfect mix of high quality information, humour and brilliant illustrations.'
- Toby Little, age 9 - 'I really liked this book because I like animals, and this book tells you lots of things about animals I had never heard of!'
- Matilda Scarbrow, age 8, Baring School - 'It tells you really interesting facts about animals that you have never heard of, for example the Lesser Fairy Armadillo...The illustrations are both beautiful and funny.'
Lesser Spotted Animals by Martin Brown
Bison are banned and tigers are taboo! Say goodbye to the gnu, cheerio to the cheetah and poo poo to the panda. The world of Lesser Spotted Animals starts HERE!
Discover the brilliant beasts you never knew you needed to know anything about - from the numbat to the zorilla and everything in between. Martin Brown's wonderfully funny and fact-tastic writing, teamed with his fabulous illustrations and tummy-tickling jokes is a winning combination.
Packed full of fun facts with plenty of icky bits, these are the tidbits of information that will see your child win their local pub quiz in future years. - Independent
5* Brilliant beasts you never knew you needed to know about The Bookbag
About the Author
More books by Martin Brown
David Fickling Books
6th April 2017
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk