Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants
Written by Stephan Pastis
Illustrated by Stephan Pastis
Part of the Timmy Failure Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: Hilarious sleuthing with boy detective and his sidekick polar bear… | A new Timmy Failure book is always a cause for celebration and this is another glorious mix of humour, surrealism, incompetent detection – and chickens. Timmy is on holiday in Florida with his mum and her new husband. With Total the polar bear hiding out in Cuba he needs a new sidekick – step up Emilio Empanada, willing if nervous unpaid intern. Together they cause the kind of chaos and confusion that is Timmy’s natural state, while adopting a chicken along the way, and it’s wonderfully funny. The description of a surprise meeting with his father for Timmy tugs at the heartstrings as well as finding the funny bone. Stephan Pastis’s cartoon illustrations are a joy in themselves and this is clever, original, inspired fun. ~ Andrea Reece
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the 4th book in this series, Timmy Failure Sanitized for Your Protection. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 7 - 'Very funny book about a young detective. Made me laugh out loud.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Without doubt the funniest of Timmy’s memoirs yet. I’ve read it again and again and it makes me chuckle every time. This book even makes my dad chortle!'
- Edward Macklin, age 9 - 'My personal favourite.'
- Tom Greenan, age 9 - 'Once you start reading it you can’t stop!'
- Beth Urquhart - 'I like the funny story line and how it's about a mystery but it is not actually a mystery!'
- Dylan Sweet - 'I like the funny story line and how it's about a mystery but it is not actually a mystery! (Trying not to give the plot away) It is a hilarious book and it hooked me immediately so that I couldn't put it down.'
- Henry Smith - 'The kind of book that makes you laugh your head off and then put it back on to read it again. Extremely funny and well written.'
- Iulia Motoc, age 8 - 'The book is very good, especially because I like bears and there is a Polar bear in the book and I enjoy watching detective movies.'
- Beatrice Whithear, age 8 - 'Timmy Failure the detective is trying to find Corrina Corrina and has a whole big adventure on the way.'
- Romilly Dally-Fitzsimons, age 8 - 'This book is very enjoyable and is very funny.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'Timmy is back in his fourth adventure. He is a famous detective and has a Polar Bear as a partner! As you can probably tell already, this is a crazy book. One of my favourite characters EVER!'
- Alexander Bisland, age 10 - 'The series is funny and I recommend this book to 7+readers who like funny stories. If you like Tom Gates or Wimpy Kid, the Timmy Failure books are for you! :)'
- Georgie Docwra, age 10 - 'Such a hilariously funny book!!'
- Stephanie Chaplin - 'I loved this book because it was funny, adventurous and full of detectives work. I recommend this book for people 8+ and like adventures.'
- Noah Hall, age 9 - 'A very funny piece of writing with hilarious main characters.'
- Lucas Evans, age 10 - 'The book is a bit tricky to get into at first but it does get easier when you go back on yourself a couple of times, you then understand it and after that the book is great.'
- Isaac East, age 9 - '10 out of 10 for everyone on Timmy Failures journey to Chicago and back.'
- Cameron Lobban, age 10 - 'Funny and hilarious it will make you laugh out loud! I would recommend for boys who have read all the Diary of Wimpy Kids and are looking for something else to read.'
- Adam Goodman, age 12 - 'A funny and exciting book that was a quick read. I found it hard to put down. I would recommend for ages 7+.'
Win a Beast Quest Goodie Bag!
To mark the 10th Birthday of The Beast Quest series we are giving away THREE goodie bags filled with Beast Quest treats including temporary tattoos, pens, a printed bag and books from the series!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants by Stephan Pastis
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants, the sixth book in the bestselling series that's perfect for fans of Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates.
Timmy is in Key West, Florida, ostensibly for the honeymoon of his mother and Doorman Dave - if they even got married, which Timmy doubts. Unfortunately for Timmy, crime doesn't take a holiday. And because Total has fled to Cuba, Timmy must rely on a new partner for help: Doorman Dave's nephew Emilio. Meanwhile, a surprise newcomer shows up in Timmy's life and, as if things couldn't get more hectic, Timmy's pants have been stolen by a six-toed cat.
This inspired book will prompt outbursts of laughter. The Sunday Times 100 Children’s Modern Classics
A brilliantly bad detective. Guardian
The best worst detective Timmy Failure returns for a sixth adventure. The Bookseller
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Stephan Pastis
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
27th April 2017
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques