William Wenton and the Luridium Thief
Written by Bobbie Peers
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2017 Debut of the Month | In a nutshell: cybernetic adventure galore as boffin boy hero takes on the bad guys | There’s something special about William Wenton: he can crack any code, solve any puzzle faster than you can say Bletchley Park. His grandfather was the same, until he disappeared in mysterious circumstances. When the bad guys turn up for William he’s rescued by his grandfather’s friends who take him to an extraordinary secret laboratory full of amazing mechanical creatures, and then the adventures really starts. Alex Rider-level thrills and a host of amazing gadgets, many of them animate, give this the page-turner prize and it’s definitely a case of brains over brawn. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Toby Little, age 9 - 'It is a really proper good storyline, and I just couldn’t put it down! I can’t wait to read Bobbie Peers’ next book!'
- Sam Harper, age 12 - 'A fast paced adventure packed full of amazing gadgets, twists, turns and excitement. A great read!'
- Harsh Budhdeo, age 9 - 'The book opens a whole new world to science, fiction and coding. Very interesting once I got into it. Cool book!'
- Alexander Bisland age 11 - 'I really enjoyed this book and it’s definitely one of the best books I have ever read. I recommend it to 9+ Alex Rider fans. I loved this book and give it 12/10.'
- Alex Sergeant, aged 11 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book with its intriguing mysteries and fast-paced storyline. I liked the fact that that it had an original take on robots and sci-fi fantasy and combined humour and adventure very well.'
- Jack Smith, age 12 - 'This book is full of adventure, codes and cryptography and I couldn't put it down!'
- Alex Hall, age 11 - 'William Wenton is an ordinary boy or so he thinks. He is called upon to solve ancient codes....I couldn't put this book down, it was an original plot & was full of excitement and adventure.'
- Oliver Thorpe, age 11 - 'William Wenton and the Luridium Thief is a smashing book about a young master code-breaker who has to save his grandfather and defeat the evil possessed man who is after him. This is a great read!'
- Sue Wilsher, Teacher - 'A very enjoyable read, this is a story packed full of excitement and adventure with the reader kept wondering who William can trust right to the very end. I look forward to reading more about him!'
- Emily Lonsdale, age 11 - 'William Wenton is a smashing read for adventure lovers and those who like a bit of a mystery. This is one of those books which is begging for a sequel.'
- Llew Harrison, age 10 - 'I read late into the night and early in the morning. I couldn't put it down, everything is a cliff hanger. It's E.P.I.C. It is absolutely packed full of suspense, action and comedy.'
- Daniel Maxwell, age 11 - 'William Wenton and the Luridium Thief is an enjoyable book that could be for any ages between 7 and 12. It is a suitable book for children who like fantasy and adventure.'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
William Wenton and the Luridium Thief by Bobbie Peers
A new fantasy-adventure series packed with addictive genre hooks for 9+ readers: code-breaking, cyber-technology, killer robots and a boy hero with a supernatural destiny.
Twelve year-old code breaking genius William Wenton, is trying to make sense of his family's dramatic escape from their home in London. But when his extraordinary talent for cracking codes is suddenly revealed, William must face the danger that has been lurking around him for years.
Perfect for fans of Percy Jackson, Alex Rider and Dr Who.
"William Wenton cracks the code for great adventure. Mystery, action, a great hero and fantastic robots – what more could you ask for?" Shane Hegarty, author of Darkmouth
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Bobbie Peers
Walker Books Ltd
6th April 2017
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family