Skeleton Key (The Graphic Novel)
Written by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £9.59
£11.99 saving £2.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Divided into the action-packed spreads of this graphic format, Alex Rider, the boy recruited by M16, is back for an exciting adventure set in Cuba. The dangers and challenges as well as the heroic actions Alex must take to keep himself safe are all excellently chronicled in both words and pictures.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the original full print edition of Skeleton Key. You can read their full reviews here.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Great white sharks, underwater traps and nuclear bombs. Another brilliant, action-packed adventure.'
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'the third book in the Alex Rider series and has me as hooked as the first.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'There was action everywhere and I was reading it whenever I could. My eyes were glued to the pages.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '5/5. The Alex Rider series continues to be very good. If you liked the previous two you'll like this one.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'This fantastic book is action-packed and filled with adventure...I think that Alex’s character develops really well and you get to know him a lot more in this book.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'I really enjoyed this novel as it was exciting and intelligent, the two things that I look for in a novel.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'I think this book is fantastic because it just really hooks you in and you can never guess what is going to happen next. It is my favorite so far.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 11 - 'This is not an easy plot to follow: one that involves nuclear bombs and duplicity, and a Russian General who is still mourning the death of his own son...It is a page-turner, and a book that you won’t be able to put down.'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'Alex is going all over the place and no-one can keep up with him! Now he's in Cuba to stop a Russian madman from blowing up the world. But can Alex save it in time?'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Alex Rider is the key to success in every mission so far. Will this mission be Alex’s last, or will the door of defeat finally open to Alex?'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Alex Rider at his best with more danger and more gadgets. This series just gets better and better. Highly recommend this especially to boys aged 9-14.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'This is one of my favourite books in the series, it is full of action, and lots of exciting plot twists.'
- Chloe Mcilroy, age 14 - 'Packed with action from start to finish. It's like being in the middle of an action movie at the cinema - couldn't put it down!'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'a totally adrenalin fuelled story and I also liked the fact that two secret services were involved. Ten out of ten.'
Skeleton Key (The Graphic Novel) by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Reluctant teenage superspy Alex Rider is useful to M16 in ways an adult could never be. Now they need his help once again. But a routine reconaissance mission at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships sets off a terrifying chain of events for Alex that sees him on the run from a murderous Chinese triad gang.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
More books by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th September 2009
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East