Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary
Written by Oxford Dictionaries
Lovereading4kids Price £11.19
£13.99 saving £2.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
8+ (Year3-4, KS2). A brand new children’s dictionary - the ultimate reference tool to build language confidence. It's an easy-to-use, comprehensive dictionary with over a thousand colour illustrations, clear definitions, no confusing abbreviations, topic words and useful example sentences to show words in context. Includes panels on word origins and words in the same family, and pronunciations for difficult words in a family-friendly format.
Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary by Oxford Dictionaries
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Highlighted boxes detail facinating word origins.
* Special focus on school subject vocabulary including English, Maths, and Science to help with homework.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Thesaurus to make a complete family reference set.
About the Author
More books by Oxford Dictionaries
Oxford University Press
3rd June 2010
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils