Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary
Written by Oxford Dictionaries
Lovereading4kids Price £11.19
£13.99 saving £2.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
8+ (Year3-4, KS2). A brand new children’s dictionary - the ultimate reference tool to build language confidence. It's an easy-to-use, comprehensive dictionary with over a thousand colour illustrations, clear definitions, no confusing abbreviations, topic words and useful example sentences to show words in context. Includes panels on word origins and words in the same family, and pronunciations for difficult words in a family-friendly format.
Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary by Oxford Dictionaries
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Highlighted boxes detail facinating word origins.
* Special focus on school subject vocabulary including English, Maths, and Science to help with homework.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Thesaurus to make a complete family reference set.
About the Author
More books by Oxford Dictionaries
Oxford University Press
3rd June 2010
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale