Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary
Written by Oxford Dictionaries
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
8+ (Year3-4, KS2). A brand new children’s dictionary - the ultimate reference tool to build language confidence. It's an easy-to-use, comprehensive dictionary with over a thousand colour illustrations, clear definitions, no confusing abbreviations, topic words and useful example sentences to show words in context. Includes panels on word origins and words in the same family, and pronunciations for difficult words in a family-friendly format.
Oxford Illustrated Children's Dictionary by Oxford Dictionaries
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Highlighted boxes detail facinating word origins.
* Special focus on school subject vocabulary including English, Maths, and Science to help with homework.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Thesaurus to make a complete family reference set.
About the Author
More books by Oxford Dictionaries
Oxford University Press
3rd June 2010
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15