Oxford Illustrated Children's Thesaurus
Written by Oxford Dictionaries
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
8+ (Year 3-4, KS2). The ultimate reference tool to build language and writing skills. This new, easy-to-use illustrated children's thesaurus has thousands of entries, synonyms, clear age-appropriate example sentences and over a thousand colour illustrations. The clear design and colourful word webs with hundreds of topic words make homework and writing easy and fun.
Oxford Illustrated Children's Thesaurus by Oxford Dictionaries
* Thousands of headwords illustrated with vibrant colour illustrations, and photographs.
* Backed by the Oxford Children’s Corpus (a unique language database), guaranteeing appropriateness and up to-date coverage.
* Example sentences for every word illustrate current usage.
* 1000s of synonyms, opposites, idioms, and phrases ranging from informal to formal.
* Special, illustrated coverage of topic words relating to animals, space, transport, weather, and much more.
* Highlighted boxes give general writing tips and extra help on avoiding overused words.
* Headwords in bold colour make them easy to spot.
* All pages are colour coded with alphabet strips down the side, and appropriate letters are highlighted - finding your way around couldn’t be easier.
* Simultaneous release with the Oxford Illustrated Children’s Dictionary to make a complete family reference set.
About the Author
More books by Oxford Dictionaries
Oxford University Press
3rd June 2010
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham