Chocolate Box Girls: Marshmallow Skye
Written by Cathy Cassidy
Part of the Chocolate Box Girls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2012 Book of the Month. Skye and Summer are identical twins but Skye wants to be her own person, but with an effortlessly cool twin, how can she? And will Skye ever step out of Summer's shadow and find her own chance to shine?
***And all Cathy fans will love The Chocolate Box Secrets. It's a delicious scrapbook of fun, creative ideas from the Chocolate Box Girls.
Make your own vintage style top or try some of the recipes and there are some cool ideas to make your sleepovers really fun!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series Cherry Crush. You can read their reviews below.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'Cherry Crush is the gripping story of Cherry, a girl with a new life, new home, new sisters and a new, dangerous friendship – a fantastic read!' Read full review >
- Ella, age 9 - 'Brilliant! The characters were great and it was really well written - I can't wait to read the rest of the series.' Read full review >
- Rebekah, age 12 - 'I like this book a lot and it is one of the best books I've read in a long time.' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 9 - 'I enjoyed the book so much I borrowed the next book 'Summer Dream' from the library.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'I think that this book is amazing... I recommend this book to anyone.' Read full review >
- Bethany Urquhart, age 8 - 'an exciting family adventure...The book has a cliff hanger end and makes you want to read the other books in the series.' Read full review >
- Bella Perez, age 9 - 'I love that they have some recipes and a quiz at the back of the book.' Read full review >
Chocolate Box Girls: Marshmallow Skye by Cathy Cassidy
Skye and Summer Tanberry are identical twins, and Skye loves her sister Summer more than anyone else in the world. They do everything together, but lately Skye's been feeling like second-best - it's the story of her life. And when her friend Alfie confesses he's fallen not for her, but for Summer, it hurts.
You can find videos of all the Tanberry sisters on Cathy Cassidy TV!
The Chocolate Box Girls series:
Cathy Cassidy has written a number of ebook short stories featuring characters from the Chocolate Box books, this one is about Finch. It's Halloween and Finch is returning to Tanglewood - Skye can't wait to see him. But Finch has a secret - will he find the courage to do the right thing? You can find an extract here.
Praise for Cherry Crush:
'All the teenage humours of romance, jealousy, friendship and sorrow rage freely in this brilliantly observed story of contemporary life.' Julia Eccleshare, lovereading4kids.co.uk
Praise for Cathy's books:
'Touching, tender and unforgettable.' The Guardian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Cathy Cassidy
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
5th April 2012
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East