Written by Andrew Fukuda
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
May 2012 eBook of Month.
If you're on the hunt for an original plot that's thought-provoking and chilling then The Hunt will be just up your street. Gene is human in a world where they've been made extinct other than those held in an Institute. For 17 years he's managed to keep all usual human emotions well hidden from those around him but now having been selected to go on the once a decade hunt of human kind he must somehow learn the art of the hunt but also elude his fellow competitors whose suspicions about wat he really is grow. Praise has been heaped on this debut by the author of the Vampire Academy series among others for itsbrilliantly original theme.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel were invited to read and review this title.
- Daisy, age 16 - 'If you like The Hunger Games you will love this book!!' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton - 'Well what can I say.... WOW! This book was certainly out of this world, chilling and inventive. It keeps you on your toes. Brilliant!' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'A vivid and fast paced read!' Read full review >
- Rosa Bora, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. It was so good and the tension was high. I can't wait for the next one.' Read full review >
- George Oliver, age 15 - 'THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. The plot and the general idea of the book is completely original, casting away the twilight and count Dracula stereotypes.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 14 - 'This novel is a thrilling read and I strongly recommend it for people who are interested in vampires and love thrillers. This book had me hooked right from the start.' Read full review >
- James Smart, age 14 - 'I found this book really cool and it really is like The Hunger Games but with vampires.' Read full review >
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Against all odds, 17-year-old Gene has survived in a world where humans have been eaten to near extinction by the general population. The only remaining humans, or hepers as they are known, are housed in domes on the savannah and studied at the nearby Heper Institute.
Join The Hunt! Check out THE HUNT Facebook page for behind-the-scenes exclusives,videos, first extracts, competitions, teasers and more at www.Facebook.com/TheHuntUK !
'chilling and inventive' Becca Fitzpatrick, author of the Hush, Hush sequence
'One of the most brilliant and original books I've read in a very long time' Richelle Mead, author of the Vampire Academy series
'Razor-sharp prose, a genius plot and a searing pace' Alyson Noel, author of the Immortals series
About the Author
More books by Andrew Fukuda
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
10th May 2011
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15