Barry Loser: I am Not a Loser
Written by Jim Smith
Part of the Barry Loser Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2013 Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans will love how the ill-named Barry Loser copes with the ups and downs of school life. Told in words and pictures, Barry’s way of telling the story of how he survives in school and in life is a triumph of how a cool kid can outsmart the bullies.
The Lovereading comment:
This is a madcap must-read for 7+ boys. I Am Not A Loser is the first of three notebooks belonging to Barry Loser. Follow Barry as he tries throw off his loserness, take revenge on the terrible Fronkle-burping Darren Darrenofski and finally become a winner.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Evie Hollingshead, age 10 - 'Brilliant, funny book! If you love books that make you giggle then you must read this. Barry Loser and another boy Darren are always playing tricks on each other and get competitive. I loved it!' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'it is hilarious. Barry does silly things and his granny has a really weird haircut.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Fun, frolics and lots of poo, Barry Loser is hysterically funny. If you love Tom Gates, Wimpy Kid and Timmy Failure, you'll love these too. They're absolutely fantastic!' Read full review >
- Milind Kowsik, age 7 - 'I like the way the author has made you laugh with funny words and silly pictures.This book is a brilliant book, I am going to read all of Barry's books!' Read full review >
- Isla Moore, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed this book because it is about a young boy who is definitely not a loser, which I found very funny.' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'A good, funny book. The illustrations were brilliant.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 8 - 'I liked this book because it made me laugh. There are good characters in the story.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This is a very funny book. If you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you will LOVE this. Lots of laughs all through the book.' Read full review >
- Charlie Swan, age 8 - 'This book was extremely funny and very silly. I loved it! It is twice as good as my other favourite book of this kind (the Tom Gates books). I would like to read all the other Barry Loser books.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 10 - 'I am not a Loser is a great book and I would recommend this book to any one who just want to have a laugh.' Read full review >
- Leoni williams, age 8 - 'This book is very very very funny. Even though I think it's mostly for boys, girls can read it too...Me and mum sometimes read them together and even she laughs.' Read full review >
- Hannah Baer, age 10 - 'It is a really funny book with lots of hilarious moments.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'I am not a loser is a good book because Barry Loser is really funny!' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Very funny book that I read in a few hours.' Read full review >
- Lucy Keaveny, age 8 - 'Barry is the main character in this book and he is sort of a big loser. He always comes up with really weird ideas.' Read full review >
- Izzie Wood, age 10 - 'I like the book. I would rate it a 6/10.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Barry Loser: I am Not a Loser by Jim Smith
I've never minded that my name is Barry Loser because my coolness has always cancelled it out, but ever since Darren Darrenofski joined school with his horrible little crocodile face he's been completely ruining my life about it.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jim Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Egmont Books Ltd an imprint of Egmont Childrens Books
4th June 2012
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12