Eagle Strike Graphic Novel
Written by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Illustrated by Kanako Damerum, Yuzuru Takasaki
Part of the Alex Rider Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In this title, Horowitz's world-renowned teen super-spy Alex Rider's fourth mission is turned into a slick, thrilling, fast-paced and stylish graphic adaptation. It brings to life all the adventure, thrills and spills of this bestselling story. Following the triumphant, international publication of Stormbreaker: The Graphic Novel, the whole graphic novel series has gained wide recognition among reviewers, fans and literacy experts. Recent government initiatives encourage us to examine the reading habits of boys - with literacy levels among children in the UK lower than ever. This is a series of books that may offer an accessible and compelling alternative for otherwise reluctant readers.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the original full print edition of Eagle Strike. You can read their full reviews here.
- Rachel Galbraith, age 10 - 'Action-packed adventure leading up to the big question.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A relaxing holiday? No. Heat seeking missiles, bike chases and nuclear weapons? Yes!A brilliant, fast-paced adventure which had me on the edge of my seat.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'I enjoyed this book so much I could not stop reading it...The book had tension spreading across every page. I felt like I was there, watching the action happen.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '5/5 - continues the winning formula of previous books. One of the baddies from book one returns.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'The pace of the story is very fast and it is a real page turner.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 14 - 'this time Alex is alone, with no help from the government, and he also has a limited amount of time, so save millions of people.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'As with all previous Alex Rider novels, Eagle Strike is full of action and excitement. The storyline is brilliantly done and each chapter leaves you wanting more. It was very hard to put this novel down.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'Alex is peacefully relaxing on holiday in France, until one of his friends is suddenly attacked. THIS is Alex Rider’s 4th and most deadly mission yet; will he succeed or will he fail?'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'As usual Horowitz spins a spectacular tale of action and tension, throwing Alex into another, darker, mission that threatens all he knows.'
- Chloe McIlroy, age 14 - 'This book will have you on the edge of your seat! You will definitely want to read this thrilling adventure!'
- Luke Bauer, age 12 - 'After Alex's friend Sabina's holiday home blows up he has a mission on his hands without MI6 to help him. Can he stop a mad, power-hungry singer from taking over the world?'
- Jake Fletcher, age 14 - 'Alex flies like an Eagle in this next book, as he crosses the globe to stop a mass-murder. The timer’s on: 90 minutes to save the world. No Pressure.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Another great Alex Rider story. This time with a lack of gadgets and a lack of MI6! Alex is on holiday just chilling with a friend when he spots an old enemy from a previous book in the series.'
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 13 - 'A clever plot, master story-telling and vivid locations make it a must-read for any teenager with a sweet tooth for mystery and spy stories.'
Eagle Strike Graphic Novel by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Relaxing in the south of France, reluctant MI6 agent Alex Rider is finally able to feel like any ordinary fourteen-year-old - until a sudden, ruthless attack on his hosts plunges him back into a world of violence and mystery. And this time, MI6 don't want to know. Alex is determined to track down his friends' attackers, even if he must do it alone. But it's a path that leads to a long-buried secret - and a discovery more terrible than anything he could have imagined. Alex Rider has 90 minutes to save the world.
Praise for the Alex Rider Graphic Novel series:
“A wholly successful adaptation” - The School Librarian
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
More books by Anthony Horowitz, Antony Johnston
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th June 2012
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk