Look into My Eyes
Written by Lauren Child
Part of the Ruby Redfort Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Lauren Child’s super sleuthing Ruby Redfort is a fast-talking, fast- thinking 13 year olds girl whose sharp eye for the unexpected leads her on some fantastic adventures – especially after she is recruited as a secret agency…The wise cracks flow fast as Ruby and her best friend and great side-kick Clancy, take up the challenges.
Visit the Ruby Redfort website for some super-sleuthing fun & the chance to win some fantastic prizes!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Cara, age 9 - 'Ruby Redfort is very Adventurous, and I think it's cool with all the codes that Clancy and Ruby made up.' Read full review >
- Katherine Sheldon, age 12 - 'All in all an amazing book which kept me turning the pages until a fantastic ending, can't wait to read the next one!!' Read full review >
- Lucy Evans, age 8 - 'My mum got so annoyed when I was reading it, because I never wanted to put it down, not even to go to bed!' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'I really love Ruby Redfort and enjoy the mystery. I think the characters individual personalities are brilliant. I also like how the main character though super smart, acts like your average 13yr old.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'This is a cleverly written mystery book, the casual remarks made throughout are important in solving the mysteries, this is what really draws you in and keeps you engaged all the way through.' Read full review >
- Year 6, Freegrounds Junior School - 'We read this book as a class and loved it - we almost couldn't put it down...Loved the book, great main character and fast plot.' Read full review >
- Jessamyn Doore, age 16 - 'Saw this and was reminded of my Clarice Bean reading days. Just had to give it a go and was so glad I did. Ruby Redford is great!' Read full review >
- Hannah Pendel, age 10 - 'Hold onto your hats, Ruby has been recruited for spectrum. A secret spy agency hidden from the world. Is she really capable of saving gold - but is it the gold that needs saving?' Read full review >
- Lily Boniface, age 15 - 'This is the best adventure book I have read in a long time. It had just the right amount of ‘on the edge of my seat’ suspence and mystery to keep you guessing.' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'This is a great book that really draws you in. You just have to turn over every page...I won't tell you much about the book but you HAVE to read it.' Read full review >
- Daisy Theobald, age 11 - 'I really enjoyed this book because I love mystery. As soon as I read the first page I was gripped.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Look into My Eyes by Lauren Child
Hey, buster! Normal life is a total yawn. Break out of boredom with Ruby Redfort, the super-awesome new creation from multi-million-copy bestseller Lauren Child... Want to know more? Of course you do, bozo. Here's the low-down on Ruby Redfort: she's a genius code-cracker, a daring detective, and a gadget-laden special agent who just happens to be a thirteen-year-old girl. She and her slick side-kick butler, Hitch, foil crimes and get into loads of scrapes with evil villains, but they're always ice-cool in a crisis. In Look into my Eyes, we go right back to Ruby's beginnings as an agent. When an anonymous caller sets Ruby a challenge, it's not long before she finds her way into the HQ of the most secret of secret agencies - SPECTRUM. They need her help to crack a code but her desk job soon spirals into an all-out action adventure, as Ruby uncovers the dastardly plans of the formidable Fool's Gold Gang...
The new Ruby Redfort book is utterly exceptionordinarily brilliant - Clarice Bean the feisty heroine, her loyal best friend Clancy, and the adventures they become tangled up in are humorous, exciting and gripping - We Love This Book
...clues, gadgets, secret HQs, a heist, explosions...T-shirts with cool slogans and a supply of jelly doughnuts. What more could adventure-loving girls want? - Nicolette Jones, The Sunday Times
Lauren Child has put imagination and fun back into the real worlds of childhood. - Julia Eccleshare in The Guardian
Lauren Child is a publishing phenomenon - Observer Magazine
Lauren Child is so good it's exhilarating - The Independent
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Lauren Child
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
2nd August 2012
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15