Precious and the Mystery of Meerkat Hill A New Case for Precious Ramotwse
Written by Alexander Mccall Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling author Alexander McCall Smith tells a charming detective story for children as Precious, even while still a young girl, shows early signs of curiousity and a determination to find things out. When two new children arrive in school Precious looks after them and soon finds out they have an amazing secret.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read the first title in the series, Precious and the Monkeys. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favourite authors and I have read quite a few books written by him. Out of all his books this is my favourite.' Read full review >
- Charlie Swan, age 8 - 'The book is very well-illustrated. The pictures look like they have come to life. After I had read a few pages I just couldn’t stop reading it.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Great book, I love detective stories and I love animal stories and so this was a great book for me.' Read full review >
- Amelie Chatham, age 11 - 'Alexander McCall Smith has an amazing talent for story telling.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really heartwarming story about an eight year old girl who has her own detective agency later on in life. This is her first case trying to discover who is pinching snacks. Can you guess who?' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 9 - 'A brilliant story about a young girl in Botswana called Precious Ramotswe and how she found out who was stealing things from her friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A lovely story which has something to offer readers of all ages, this is a thoroughly enjoyable, gentle, gem of a book.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'This book is interesting but it is a bit young for my age.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A lovely, warm story of a girl called Precious and her first detective case.' Read full review >
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Once I had turned the first page, I was finding it really tricky to stop reading!' Read full review >
- James & Alex, age 9 & 8 - 'A fun story about Precious the detective and all different characters in Botswana. We really wanted to know what happened in the mystery of the thief at the school.' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 7 - 'I can't wait to read the next books about Precious, I know they are going to be great.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'I didn't put this book down once the whole time I was reading it. I would definitely recommend it. Five out of five stars.' Read full review >
Precious and the Mystery of Meerkat Hill A New Case for Precious Ramotwse by Alexander Mccall Smith
Well before Precious Ramotswe founded her Number One Ladies' Detective Agency, as an eight-year-old girl she was already solving mysteries. Here in this delightful, new, enchanting tale for children, we see how the young Precious became the crafty and intuitive private investigator we all know and love!
About the Author
Alexander Mccall Smith
More books by Alexander Mccall Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Polygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited an imprint of Birlinn General
5th July 2012
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16