Precious and the Mystery of Meerkat Hill A New Case for Precious Ramotwse
Written by Alexander Mccall Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling author Alexander McCall Smith tells a charming detective story for children as Precious, even while still a young girl, shows early signs of curiousity and a determination to find things out. When two new children arrive in school Precious looks after them and soon finds out they have an amazing secret.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read the first title in the series, Precious and the Monkeys. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favourite authors and I have read quite a few books written by him. Out of all his books this is my favourite.' Read full review >
- Charlie Swan, age 8 - 'The book is very well-illustrated. The pictures look like they have come to life. After I had read a few pages I just couldn’t stop reading it.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Great book, I love detective stories and I love animal stories and so this was a great book for me.' Read full review >
- Amelie Chatham, age 11 - 'Alexander McCall Smith has an amazing talent for story telling.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really heartwarming story about an eight year old girl who has her own detective agency later on in life. This is her first case trying to discover who is pinching snacks. Can you guess who?' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 9 - 'A brilliant story about a young girl in Botswana called Precious Ramotswe and how she found out who was stealing things from her friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A lovely story which has something to offer readers of all ages, this is a thoroughly enjoyable, gentle, gem of a book.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'This book is interesting but it is a bit young for my age.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A lovely, warm story of a girl called Precious and her first detective case.' Read full review >
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Once I had turned the first page, I was finding it really tricky to stop reading!' Read full review >
- James & Alex, age 9 & 8 - 'A fun story about Precious the detective and all different characters in Botswana. We really wanted to know what happened in the mystery of the thief at the school.' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 7 - 'I can't wait to read the next books about Precious, I know they are going to be great.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'I didn't put this book down once the whole time I was reading it. I would definitely recommend it. Five out of five stars.' Read full review >
Precious and the Mystery of Meerkat Hill A New Case for Precious Ramotwse by Alexander Mccall Smith
Well before Precious Ramotswe founded her Number One Ladies' Detective Agency, as an eight-year-old girl she was already solving mysteries. Here in this delightful, new, enchanting tale for children, we see how the young Precious became the crafty and intuitive private investigator we all know and love!
About the Author
Alexander Mccall Smith
More books by Alexander Mccall Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Polygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited an imprint of Birlinn General
5th July 2012
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12