Atticus Claw Breaks the Law
Written by Jennifer Gray
Part of the Atticus Claw: World's Greatest Cat Detective Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Winner of the 2014 Red House Children's Book Awards Best Book for Younger Readers - Shortlisted for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2013 Atticus Claw is a cat with a background. And not in a good way… Atticus Claw is the world’s leading cat burglar and, when he’s approached by the equally criminal Jimmy Magpie to steal all the sparkling gems in Littleton-on-Sea, the pair looks set for a life of crime. But then Atticus Claw meets Inspector Cheddar and his family and soon he sees there is more to life than crime… Told with a light touch, this is an attractively witty story with great animal characters.
Perfect for fans of Humphrey the Hamster and other madcap animal adventues, the hilarious but loveable rogue Atticus will keep readers guessing as he tries to decide whether his cat burglar days are over for good!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Harry Gray, age 7 - 'We really enjoyed this book especially all the characters and their names! My five year old brother enjoyed it too.' Read full review >
- Phelan, age 10 - 'An extremely enjoyable and funny read with an amazing feline called Atticus Claw.' Read full review >
- James Galbraith, age 6 - 'Funny, mysterious and exciting not to be missed.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really funny and exciting book. Atticus Claw Breaks the Law is purrfect!' Read full review >
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'Ever wondered the truth about what the animals around you are thinking? Read on to find out...' Read full review >
- Noah Hall, age 8 - 'Atticus, the world's greatest cat burglar is hired by Jimmy the Magpie to steal all the jewels in Littleton-on-Sea. Good characters and great story.' Read full review >
- Kenya Hector, age 7 - 'This book is really great I love it so much I want to read it over and over again because it was sometimes a bit funny and I kept on laughing very much.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'Top score for Atticus Claw Breaks the Law – the sneakiest cat in town. Do you like villainous adventure stories? Do you like books about funny animals? If so here’s your perfect book.' Read full review >
- Ruma Pierre, age 8 - 'I loved Atticus Claws Breaks the Law because I absolutely could not put it down. Also I just got into it as I started reading it.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'Atticus is a really cool cat...This is a really good book to read and I think everyone will love it. I wish that I could have a cat like Atticus.' Read full review >
- Holly Wilkins, age 10 - 'You can't put it down! You always want to turn the page to find out what happens next...One of my favourite books. You must read this book!' Read full review >
- Bethany Urquhart, age 8 - 'I couldn’t put it down, it was like there was glue on the spine!' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'An exciting tale of a cat, some jewellery thieves and an Inspector called Cheddar. Funny, thrilling and definitely recommended!' Read full review >
Atticus Claw Breaks the Law by Jennifer Gray
When Atticus receives a mysterious message asking him to a meeting in a sleepy coastal town, he packs his bags and sets off. The world's greatest cat burglar likes a good mystery and this time curiosity has got the better of him. The writer of the message, it turns out, is none other than Jimmy the Magpie, gang leader. He wants Atticus to steal all the jewels in town and leave the humans baffled. And what could be more straightforward? But when Atticus moves in with Inspector Cheddar and his family, he starts to wonder if a life of crime is really for him ...
‘Atticus is the coolest feline on the block.’ Andy Cope, author of Spy Dog
‘Atticus Claw puts the WOW! into meow . . . Highly recommended by my cat!’ Jeremy Strong, author of The Hundred-Mile-an-Hour Dog
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jennifer Gray
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber and Faber
6th September 2012
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen